TimberKing Sawmills

The Largest Inventory of Used Chainsaw Parts in the World

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Forest Products Industry Insurance

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Wood Processing equpment. Splitters, Processors, Conveyors

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Comstock Logging

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

Forestry Forum Tool Box

Author Topic: Started the build.  (Read 31985 times)

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
Re: Started the build.
« Reply #320 on: March 15, 2017, 06:24:46 pm »
Thanks Lynn. Had the wife help me today or should I say watch me. She is like a hawk. She doesn't want me to fall off a ladder. :o :D  She did what she could do. Heck, she even clean up a bunch. :D The new med they put me on is doing some good. 8) As of from this past Saturday to this morning, I dumped 5 lbs of fluid which makes me feel like a million. Even though I take a lot of Lasix, this new med has stepped up a bunch. I think I had somewhat adjusted to it, but there is a little dry cough. That is not good. :( Other meds like this did the same and I had to stop using them. :(

Anyway, we hung some more sheetrock. Not breaking any speed records, but it's getting done. Both of my kids,(son and SIL) are working their butts off. I have one more wall in the living room area to do. Then the ceilings and other rooms. Going to try tomorrow to get some more done. ;D

Offline Darrel

• Gettin' it done!
« Reply #321 on: March 15, 2017, 07:03:45 pm »
Fishfighter, your determination inspires me.  I know it can't be easy, but you just keep plugging away. I've had patients roll over and die when faced with much less. Glad you have someone to "watch over" you.
1992 LT40HD

The winds of change are blowing at hurricane force and I don't like it but good shall come even though I see not how.

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2017, 06:51:02 am »
Thanks Darrel. I took on this project to help keep me going. I have always been very active before I came down with heart failure. DanG virus bug had attached my heart. My EF is below 20% were the left side just ain't doing anything. :( I still give it hell when I feel good. ;D I do have my "good" days. But, those "bad" days, I can't even get out the lounge chair. >:(

But anyway, I thank the Good Lord for every day he has gave me, good or bad.

Online sandsawmill14

• Senior Member x2
  • love my job (most days)
« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2017, 07:27:30 am »
glad the new med is helping and your feeling better :) maybe the cough will go way :)
hudson 228, timberking b20, s&w 125 ,lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #324 on: March 17, 2017, 07:05:07 am »
The wife and I finished hanging rock in the living room and kitchen yesterday. ;D

Going to have to rest today. Got to service the lawn mower so the wife can cut the yard today. :D Bought her a new Bad Boy ZT 60" mower last fall. Time for the first oil change. :D

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #325 on: March 17, 2017, 04:30:48 pm »
So much for resting. There has been something driving nuts and I just had to tackle it now that things are drying up. DanG mill shed that I been working on had a big problem. One side had a drop about 3/4" center. The people I got this "free" building didn't know what they were doing. Spanning 14', using 2"x6" just wasn't going to cut it. No matter how high I jacked up that side center, it wouldn't let the ends drop down. >:( So, the more I checked things, I found out that they also used some 2x8's, but cut the ends to 2x6. >:(

So, to fix things, I had cut out the end floor joist and replaced it with two new 2x6. The plan worked ;D I do have a 6x6 running under the ends and center. All things are good now and I will start back doing the siding. ;D

The siding I doing.

And a picture of my sheetrock lift in action. :D

Offline Darrel

• Gettin' it done!
« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2017, 11:09:52 pm »
Yup, some days it's more work to stay in bed and rest then it is to just get up and go to work. Lookin good!
1992 LT40HD

The winds of change are blowing at hurricane force and I don't like it but good shall come even though I see not how.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2017, 09:36:18 pm »
Looking good Sir. 

We have a couple of medical hiccups going on here but when we get them behind us we are planning a visit.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #328 on: March 19, 2017, 07:05:53 am »
I'm sending prays for y'all. God speed to a fast recover.

I did get a little work done on the shed yesterday, but had to stop. :( Maybe a little more today. Moving at a snails pace. :(

Offline Bruno of NH

• Senior Member x2
« Reply #329 on: March 19, 2017, 04:31:41 pm »
Good work Mr Fish
You are doing good :)
thomas 8013 mill ,Massey 1560 cab tractor loader backhoe Dump trailer and equipment trailer and lot of contracting tools

Offline fishfighter

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
« Reply #330 on: March 19, 2017, 05:37:13 pm »
Why thanks Sir.

Got a little more done on the shed, but the heat ran me off. :( First day of Spring is what, tomorrow? Already to hot. :(