Finally!!! got started

Started by sandsawmill14, April 04, 2015, 09:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

finally got started on erc paneling in the living room

still have about half to go then trim but should finish monday  I hope
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D....Bad to the Bone! I love it!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DansSawmill

Dan's Sawmill
Custom Sawing since 94
CNC woodworking too
now with a 98' lt40 super

sandsawmill14

LaneC

That looks very nice. Nice deer too.
Man makes plans and God smiles

willmyers0169

Machinist, WM LT15 230 JD skidsteer 2010 JD 2955 JD Jonsered chainsaw

sandsawmill14

no its not T & G  I was planning on stripping it with 3/8 x 2 strips to cover seams but the way it looks now I may not. I was thinking about t & g and running boards horizontal  but decided on this and  like how it looks. 8)

we are going to put new flooring too but  cant decide on pine or hickory. What do yall think would look best?

willmyers0169

i like it. I have a "safe" room that  is all concrete under a porch and I was thinking of doing what you did, maybe round the edges somehow to make it look like T&G, I have some ERC that has been drying for a year now, probly want shrink too much
Machinist, WM LT15 230 JD skidsteer 2010 JD 2955 JD Jonsered chainsaw

sandsawmill14

will  your cedar wont shrink much at all. if you have a table saw or router you can t &g it. :)

Magicman

A slight chamfer on the corners will give it a V-Groove effect.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Looks real nice and I bet it smells even better. I recently did a ceiling with ash that I just put chamfers and grooves on both edges of the boards and then cut splines to put between the boards when installing it with a pneumatic staple gun. It looks like T & G but can be made without any specialized cutters. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Looks great  !
Wish I could get erc like that
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sandsawmill14

finally back to work on the house again and built a door out of maple to see how it looks with the cedar before i build the kitchen cabinets 

what do yall think. look ok or should i find a darker wood to go against the cedar paneling ???

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

You want to come help me with my "man cave"?  I love it, I'd like to use reclaimed barn lumber for the walls but I have plenty of erc too.  Personally I really like the contrast you have.

Delawhere Jack

Any finish on the maple? Or the ERC? I'm just finishing a project that combines maple and ERC, and finished them both with boiled linseed oil and then spar varnish. They go together like peas and carrots.

sandsawmill14

it has nothing on it yet. im so slow i new the cedar would turn so if i ever get the cedar all put up i will sand it and the maple if needed(hand prints, smoke ...) and put something on it. i bought tungs oil to put on it but im open for suggestions :) i just built the door to see how it went with the cedar before i built the cabinets in case it didnt look right. i thought about going darker than cedar and using walnut but i think it would make room to dark ??? i have the maple dry and ready to use but if we change our (her) :D mind i will have to have time to cut and dry whatever it is :) thanks for the compliments  :) :)

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: Magicman on April 06, 2015, 09:25:40 AM
A slight chamfer on the corners will give it a V-Groove effect.

I've done that before in a pantry. I just planed a chamfer with a hand-plane after planing and ripping. You had to look close to notice that it wasn't T&G :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

drobertson

I like the door contrast,  easier to find in the dark ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

OffGrid973

Nice job, love the cedar look !!!  More pics when cabinets start .
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Thank You Sponsors!