iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

getting closer

Started by lirachamo51, April 04, 2015, 06:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lirachamo51

spring training is officially over !!!! only 5 more months till i retire and get my new lt 40 8) yes!!!!
Randy

mad murdock

The anticipation!!!! Fun days ahead 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

goose63

That's gona be a long 5 months
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

lirachamo51

I've got my count down clock on my phone  155 days 21hrs 43mins and 45 seconds and counting !!!! yahooo!!
Randy

thecfarm

Going to retire and start sawing for a living??  :)  Have fun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lirachamo51

no, but to put a little change in the pocket,as well as build a barn for tractor and equipment, addition on hunting camp as well as some other out buildings. and have some slab ,beams, and other specialty items for sale. that should just about cover the price of the mill. ;D
Randy

rooster 58

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
      You may contract the dreaded sawdust fever syndrome :o. A very very bad illness with no known cure. It makes you just want to saw and saw and saw ;D

fishfighter

Don't retire. If you do, you never have enough time in a day to get things done. I'm still trying to figure out how I was able to get everything done before retiring. ;D

Peter Drouin

Why wait. Summer is coming.  :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

millwright

I retired last fall, it's something I should have done year's ago.

lirachamo51

wish i could, but have contractual obligations, and need to wait till my 55th birthday and baseball season is over,then its sawing time, hunting,ice fishing ,snowmobiling ,fishing and playing in the woods with tractor and sawmill. 8)
Randy

Magicman

After you retire you will never have another day off.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tmarch

Quote from: Magicman on April 05, 2015, 05:05:31 PM
Ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!! :D
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

red

I work from 12 noon til 1 pm with an hour lunch
I've never been Late
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

rjwoelk

Started my firewood business in 2010, got the sawmill in 12. Log cabin this summer, my sons house in the next 2 years and then our retirement log house, retirement planed when it all starts paying me instead of its self. But all is good. Just sounds like retirement is more like tired momment. Lol
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

lirachamo51

oh I'm well aware that i will be busier than ever, my fall and winters when I'm off from work are none stop with all the things i enjoy doing, so now ill have 12 months of being busy and it won't be for some one else, it will be for me. when and were i want! 8)
Randy

lirachamo51

only 35 days left before my season is over and retirement begins. Have already made sure my mill is at the dealer and now will set up my appointment for pick up this coming week, yahoo  8)
Randy

beenthere

Quotemy season is over

What season are you in?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

deadfall

QuoteWhat season are you in?

He said baseball.  Probably not the majors, as Sept. 4 is what he said was the end. 
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

Knute

I really like that tractor. Don't let it be to well known when you retire or you will have many requests for volunteering. Rest up while you are waiting for the mill.

Chuck White

Quote from: Magicman on April 05, 2015, 05:05:31 PM

I have retired twice and still haven't figured it out, Lynn!  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lirachamo51

aaa pitching coach, 17 years as player and 20 coaching,so I've put in the time and never had spring or summer off, can't wait to start playing a different gm! :snowball:
Randy

4x4American

Glad to hear you're getting close.  Are you getting it from Hannibal?  If you need help figuring anything out I'd be glad to help, I'm right by Corinth
Boy, back in my day..

ScottInCabot

Retirement....  Indian word for "you'll-never-have-any-time-to-do-anything-ever-again"!

Good luck in your future, and may all your timber be awesome!

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

lirachamo51

yes, from hannibal,I'm planning on setting up my pick-up date week after labor day,our season ends on that monday ! my property is in thurman so we are close by, thanks for the offer, I'm sure ill be taking you up at some point ! :D
Randy

deadfall

What can I do about this messed up rotator cuff?   That, and all that fir and spruce pitch?

Happy for no reason.

lirachamo51

same thing I'm doing....... retire :D
Randy

deadfall

Too late for that.

Dang it, I sure miss Ichiro51.  The dreaded pinstripes syndrome got him.  I dumped my satellite TV this year.  No life after Ichiro. 

Happy for no reason.

lirachamo51

he's down in sunny south fla. now ,with the marlins, been there and done that for 3 years !
Randy

lirachamo51

made my appt. for sep 17 to pick up my mill and and intro on using it, really getting excited now  8)
Randy

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

deadfall

Sawmills hab bin belly belly good        to me. 

Good news.  Enjoy!

Happy for no reason.

lirachamo51

tomorrow's my big day,finally here ! Will be heading to Hanibal to pick up my lt-40 in the morning, then the fun begins,I've been clearing and digging for the new pole barn i'll be building and the list goes on and on! 8)
Randy

Haggis

Good luck and have fun. Wish I could retire but I am at least 19 years from that time. :(

Magicman

Congrats on the feeling Randy.  Only one more sleepless night.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawmilljoe

congrats on the new mill and the list of projects will get long .

lirachamo51

thanks for all the well wishes, have to get all the trees cut around the site I've cleared and then the dust will start flying , ill try to send some pics when i get my 1st day of cutting ! :laugh:
Randy

addysdaddy

Congrats on the retirement and even more on the new mill... My last day is 20 Dec... After 28 years in the Navy it will be good for every day to be Saturday  8) 8) 8)... Sawmill/woodlot/gun club/golf club... So many chores and soooo little time... ;)
Trying to think of something Cool to say kinda defeats the purpose.
LT10
Kioti with winch.
Husqvarna fan

Kbeitz

Quote from: addysdaddy on September 17, 2015, 05:38:52 AM
Congrats on the retirement and even more on the new mill... My last day is 20 Dec... After 28 years in the Navy it will be good for every day to be Saturday  8) 8) 8)... Sawmill/woodlot/gun club/golf club... So many chores and soooo little time... ;)

If you think you had no time before just wait till you retire.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!