iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo?

Started by pabst79, April 04, 2015, 10:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pabst79

Anyone have any experience with Echo saws, specifically the CS-800P? I was eyeing one at my local small engine shop, I have been thinking about a new 80cc saw, and 825.00 seems like a good price, if they are durable and have a good power to weight ratio? I bought a commercial grade Echo trimmer head with all the attachments a couple years ago and have been happy with it. Never used one of their saws though  ??? ???.
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

mad murdock

From what I have seen they are well built and way better prices than the 2 most popular brands today. If I was in the market for a new saw, I would look at Echo or Dolmar first. I think there is way more bang for the buck with them.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

pabst79

That's kinda the issue I have, I've never been a Husky fan and I no longer have a reliable Stihl dealer close by, so I fix all my old saws myself. This local dealer has both the Husky and Echo line, and from what I can tell the Echo's have a much better price point.? I have heard good things about Dolmar, but have never seen a dealer anywhere near me.

BubbasDad

We just picked up a used cs440 that i ended up having to put crank seals and bearings in.Due to previous owner over tightening chain. Haven't had much run time yet but was easily repairable. Actually looking into the timber wolf. Its a promo price of around 400$ and think its a about 65cc. Don't quote me on displacement had so many different size saws pass threw my hands lately they all kinda blurred together.
John

shinnlinger

The 400 is $300 and the 590 is $400 at hd.   Not sure I would buy one there if local guy could do similar but a good price on a decent saw for sure.   
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

BubbasDad

I have had real good luck with the guy i deal with. He will go out of his way to help find parts for my other saws( not echo) would never buy a saw from any of the big box stores. Would be like going to cub scouts to buy gir lscout cookies!!
John

21incher

Last year I purchased a cs590 and a cs310 from my local echo dealer and I am extremely happy with both of them. The dealer also sells huskys and told me that the cs590 was his best selling saw. My echo's both are extremely easy starting and covered by a 5 year warranty. Someday I also would like to buy a cs800. I purchased them from a great local dealer that I know will be there to help if any problems should arise in the future.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

pabst79

Okay, sounds like a trip to town is in order.  :)

thecfarm

Take a picture of it before getting it dirty.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pabst79

Will do, I'm also picking up a new Simplicity zero turn, so I think the dealer should be quite happy with me.  :D.

samandothers

I have a smmaler echo for limbing and such 14" bar. Very pleased with it if my larger Stihl died I would consider a larger echo.  I have an echo PAS and several attachments and it has been great too.

pabst79

The PAS is what I bought too, I got the blower and rubber gravel paddle attachment for it, both worked great for light snow, hardly used my 2 stage this year!

CR888

The 80cc echo model has been around for quite some time and is a proven quality saw, however it does not have the latest technology on it that other brands have which is not necessarily a bad thing either. I have a few echo's and they are certainly well built saws but a little heavier for their displacement compared to the major 2 brands. I have a 550p and a rebadged makita 231t top handle (echo) and the 355t top handle. Easy starting saws that will cut all day with good torque. Sure l would buy another Echo despite in many cases not being the fastest kid on the block. Sawtroll will be in shortly to tell you to stay away from them but l disagree. The 590 timberwolf could we be the 'best value' saw on the market currently.

BubbasDad

I agree 100%!! Think timberwolf is gonna be my next saw but dealer says they dont offer a 16" b&c for it.. actually considering selling off my husq 445 just to keep other half off my case a little. Just had to hear the" Dont you have enough saws" when i picked up 031av- well used &026 barely used with new 20" bar and 2 new pro chains for 100. Got saw time in today and running husq 445-16" and echo440 tank for tank pretty even and 440 is turning 20" no prob
John

pabst79

Well the deed is done, but the dealer had to order the CS-800P in, as he was out of stock. So like a kid on Christmas eve, I will have to wait to play with my new toy.  :)

Mooseherder

I bought the cs-590 last summer and I am happy with it.  Here's a picture before it got used. ;)

21incher

Congratulations on your CS800p. I know Echo ships to my dealer over night so you should have it soon. Had my CS-590 out working all day today cutting firewood. After sitting all winter it started on the 3rd pull. It breezed right thru the 20 inch dead ash I was cutting and the vibration isolation is amazing compared to my old Stihl . Let us know how it works out for you. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

pabst79

Will do, I have to go back into town later this week to pick up a mower, hope the saw will be in then. Do you guys have good luck with the stock chain that comes with? All I've ever had is Stihl stuff, so I will have to stock up on loops, I will also try milling a bit with the 800, have no idea what chain they offer for Echo, I know their bars are unique, not sure about the chain? Its 3/8 and .50 I believe.   :)

pabst79

Got it today, set it between the 075 and 026 for scale, she's a hefty beast, now if it quits raining I can test her out.  :)

21incher

They sure look pretty when new. What size bar did you get? We are waiting for a review. :)

pabst79

I went with the 27", I think I may get a 20" for it too. I should have time to give it a good test tomorrow.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

pabst79

Oregon its got a 25 stamped on some of the links?

Andyshine77

25 is depth gauge clearance. That's 72lpx Oregon chain. If you want to know the chain pitch, driver size and how many drive links, all that information will be listed the side of the bar. If you decide to pick up a 20" bar and chain. I recommend getting a 72 DL bar and chain combo, it's more common than the shorter 70dl combo Echo uses.     

BTW nice saw!!! Echo products are top of the line in every way.
Andre.

mad murdock

Congrats on the new saw!  Looking good 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!