iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Excited.... Just bought our first sawmill !

Started by DPForumDog, April 03, 2015, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPForumDog

Hello,
We just bought our first saw mill.  The LumberPro HD36 with 23hp.  I am so excited.  I have a bunch of projects that I have planned for Paw and me to work on.  (I may use it more than Paw. ha ha ha. )  We are about half way through construction on a farmhouse in central Alabama.  So if anyone has any suggestions on how we can use the mill for the finishing touches let me know.     I know that we will milling a mantel and some corbels and maybe some cedar rails and cedar  ballisters for the porch.

The new LumberPro HD36 mill should arrive next week.   I will let you know how it goes.
Thanks
Granny DP
DPForumDog
Granny DP
DP Forum Dog
lumber pro hd 36

Magicman

Congrats on the LP.  Hopefully you will post some pictures when the "big event" happens.   smiley_clapping
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodman58

Congratulations on the new mill. You will have a ball. I have had mine for 2 months. For the first month I did not get to saw much because of weather But, now I cut almost every night after work. It's a blast. Enjoy your time with your mill.
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

Nothing like a new toy errr tool yeah that's the word I wanted to get the adrenaline going. This should be fun, keep us posted.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fishfighter

Congrats on the new mill.

How far are you on your farmhouse? I bought my mill to build a guest house/camp. Been cutting lumber for just about everything for the build. It will be timber/stick built.

For your farmhouse, just about anything that has to do for lumber, just mill it. Do read up on shrinkage and building with green lumber.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WAY TO GO DOG! I can almost feel your excitement.  8)
You'll have a lot of fun!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

DPForumDog

Thanks Everyone!   The sawmill  (LumberPro HD36) arrived late yesterday afternoon  and we are about to start assembly.  I had read it took 3 men two days to assemble.   We will see how Paw and I do.  I will keep you updated.

Fishfighter,  I will update you on the house progress soon.
Thanks
Granny DP
Granny DP
DP Forum Dog
lumber pro hd 36

Thank You Sponsors!