iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Paint!

Started by ncsawyer, April 02, 2015, 09:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncsawyer

I finally got to pick up my new mill today and talked Tyler at Carolina Sawmill out of an old license tag.  I think I was almost as excited about that as I am about my new mill!

Had plenty of help setting it up when I got it home.

Sawing an old pine that was laying around the yard.  Not much to it, but it was good practice for me to learn all the new gadgets that were not on my old LT40 Manual.

This is the first paying log.  A guy dropped it off right before dark.  Its a big black walnut that I would have personally put in the firewood pile, but if he's paying, I'm cutting.  I had time to get it loaded on the mill and situated before it got dark.  I will cut it tomorrow.

As a side note...Tyler at Carolina Sawmill was great this morning.  First 10 minutes on my new mill and the alternator belt shredded.  Turns out the pulley on the crank was too far out and the alternator belt was trying to walk off of the alternator.  Of course the drive belt was not aligned correctly either due to the pulley not being positioned right.  Had to take everything apart twice to get it right, but its cutting like it should now!
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

WDH

The crotch in that walnut will make some beautiful and very valuable slabs. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Congrats on that New Paint.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

I like your helper too.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tmarch

The helper is WAAAAAYYYYY more special than the mill, but they both look very nice. :)
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

WV Sawmiller

Congrats on the new mill. Tyler delivered mine on 8 January. It was about 0 degrees here when he left Albermarle but had warmed up to about 5 degrees by the time he showed me and my son how to operate it. Was so cold was hard to start and blew the spark arrestor about 50' built I later found it in the snow. The lube tank was a solid block of ice even though he had added anti-freeze/washer fluid. Obviously not enough for the extreme conditions.

I assume you have the phone numbers for WM in NC and in Indy (for electrical issues). They have all been real responsive and helpful. Enjoy the new mill and stay careful.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

ncsawyer

Quote from: tmarch on April 02, 2015, 10:11:06 PM
The helper is WAAAAAYYYYY more special than the mill, but they both look very nice. :)

I will have to agree that my helper is pretty special, but that is just one of my three.  The one in the picture is one of the twins that will be two in June.  They have an older brother than just turned three.  There were all "helping", but just didn't end up in that picture.  I put them all in the back of the truck to keep them out of trouble when I started the saw up. 

2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Magicman

The way the boy is standing.......makes you wonder.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ncsawyer

Quote from: Magicman on April 02, 2015, 10:45:22 PM
The way the boy is standing.......makes you wonder.  :D

I wouldn't put it past him.  ;D
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Peter Drouin

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Good luck.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Holmes

Quote from: WDH on April 02, 2015, 09:19:47 PM
                                                   very valuable 
I caught that! 8)
Think like a farmer.

brianb88

Measure twice, cut once

hunz

Totally awesome stuff! Was just at the Carolina ASC a week back picking up an SLR. I ended up spending 4 hours there chatting it up with the resharp guy while he did my blades. He definitely had a lot of helpful info to share.

NC sawyer, how bout that cribbing sawing operation behind the ASC building? Those 2 WM mills are running around the clock!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Congrats on the mill. Like to see the help,helping. Good idea with the back of the truck.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

slider

I have been wanting one of those tags.Nice mill.
al glenn

69bronco

Congratulations! Enjoy the new mill and that family!!

rooster 58

I love new paint! I was at Marty's last week.  I was eyeing up the log deck, conveyor,  and transfer deck ;)

ncsawyer

Quote from: hunz on April 02, 2015, 11:44:12 PM
NC sawyer, how bout that cribbing sawing operation behind the ASC building? Those 2 WM mills are running around the clock!

I saw that.  It looks like the have a good gig!
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

pine

Nice mill.  Congratulations and enjoy it.

Thank You Sponsors!