iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loading/unloading with Knuckle Boom

Started by FarmerDickie, April 02, 2015, 07:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarmerDickie

Howdy Y'all, my partner and I are trying to figure out an efficient way to deliver multiple face cords around town on a single run and I have been toying with the concept of a knuckle boom on the trailer. I've come across a possible deal on a boom truck that has me interested in going this route. Any thoughts or experiences to share???

beenthere

What do you have in mind, to stack the face cord on a pallet? Or in containers?

Boom may speed up loading and unloading.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

r.man

Some people use removable bulkheads in dump trailers or trucks to separate the full load into known amounts.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

FarmerDickie

I am thinking half ricks bundled on pallets either banded with steel straps or wrapped in industrial plastic wrap

red

I think the 275gal liquid tanks on the pallet would work.  . They don't have to be food grade so they are much cheaper
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

BargeMonkey

Seeing more and more trucks and trailers with air gates, dump how much you need out from each section and go on your way. Whats the added cost to handle and put on a pallet ? It would have to be around 400 a cord to stack, wrap and unload to bother around here.

Thank You Sponsors!