iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

norwood lm 29

Started by jdw, April 01, 2015, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdw

Well I broke down and ordered the norwood lm 29 with the trailer package. I've read nothing but good things about them on line hope I made a good choice :'(  Any one got any info on this machine?

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

jdw,welcome to the forum. I can think of a couple happy Norwood owners here on the forum. What's the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Ah-ha! Switched directions from the Frick 00.  Sounds like a good move, considering the various posts made in previous threads.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,82296.msg1257940.html#msg1257940
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jdw

I'm hoping to sale lumber. I'm a little worried I won't be able to keep up with demand on a band mill. I know I couldn't with the Hudson I had that thing was a man killer.  I got 8000 bf sold but got to get it cut first ;D now I just got to buy a edger ::)

Magicman

Congrats on the portable bandmill.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dboyt

Congratulations on the mill!  I recommend the bigger engine option, and the toe rollers can be very useful.  It is a very capable mill, and well designed.  Sounds like you've already got most of the other equipment.  Assembly is pretty straightforward as long as you follow the instructions.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

jdw

I did get the electric start 16 hp briggs. 8) the more power the better . Now I just got to wait for it to get here ::)

bigred1951

Must post pics when you get it.

jdw

It has arrived now just got to build it about 2 days away from sawing. 8)

papow22

:D  I'm really please with my Norwood's 2000 bandmill. Sure the newer ones are nice but I love mine cause it's paid for. ;) I sure hope you like your lm29
Lives to do sawdust,run a trapline,hunt big game,live life to it's most.Got 4 mills a circle mill,(2 band sawmills) Norwood's 2000, Trim Saw,Beam Machine (chainsaw mill).

1-2 Tree

the only problem I have had with my LM 29 is the tension cable on the head lift .They are quick to get parts to you and my mill will work harder than I want to ! All kidding aside its a great little mill if you really want move through some trees you will need a helper I use my kids ! the work for cheese burgers !
I like the smell of saw dust in the mornings !I have a crescent wrench and I know how to use it ! The best hammer I have ever owned !

Thank You Sponsors!