iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally got a roof and some concrete

Started by GF, September 02, 2004, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

Finally got a roof over the sawmill and some concrete for it to set on.  Sure makes a difference on those sunny hot days or the rainy days.

https://forestryforum.com/images/03_21_04/GFShed1.jpg

WoodChucker

Lookin good, hope that roof isn't leaking? I see water on the floor.  :D

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Gilman

I like it GF.  That is the cleanest saw setup I've ever seen.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

GF

The water spot on the floor is my other fishing spot  :D :D, just had some rain yesturday blow in from the north that got on the floor.  For Oklahoma I cannot believe the mild weather and the moisture we had had this year, makes me wonder whats in store for winter.  Winter???????  ::), building wasnt made for winter, new I forgot something.

Fla._Deadheader

I was wondering about the snow load on that flat roof ??? ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Paschale

Hmm...I guess I need an education.  Not sure what brand of saw you're running there GF.  Looks a lot like a WM, but it looks red.  What are the red machines?
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

GF

rebocardo

MrMoo

I like it. Nice setup. I even remebered it was the mill you built. I thought it was an impressive machine.
Now all ya need to do is get some sawdust in there to make it look lived in.

VA-Sawyer

GF,
Nice looking roof and pad. Saw looks pretty good as well, except the loading arms are on the wrong side.  ;D
It's a right handed mill and I'm left handed.   ;)
How about some specs on the pad size and the roof design ?

VA-Sawyer

iain

nice bit of grass on the loading side does it roll back to start work then back at the end of the day? :)

GF

VA-Sawyer
  22x36 is the pad size, wall height is 12'.  Trusses are made from 2x6 c-purlan on the bottoms and 2x4 c-purlan  on the top portions with a 2/12 pitch.  Wanted to use steal since all that wood that will be cut has bugs and critters in it, didnt want them to chew up the lumber in the building.

T_in_SC

Great looking mill and setup you have there.  If I remember correctly your mill has tires for bandwheels.  How did you apply power to the drive wheel?

GF

T-In_SC
    Bought a 5 bolt hub from www.surpluscenter.com that allows a turned tapered shaft to be installed.  Turned a 1 3/4 steel shaft and taped it to fit the hub.  Used 3 instead of 2 bearing blocks, two bearing blocks near the hub (one actually is touching the back of the hub to help prevent shaft breakage)the other right next to it, and one at the end of the shaft.

Drive pully goes between the back bearing and the front two.  Used two V belts to drive the wheel, I modified a belt tensioner used on a John Deere 214WS Square Baler to tension the belts to engage, thats even what the 4 cyclinder Industrial Winsconsin engine came from.

GF

My next mod I want to make to the mill is the 12v solenoids on the sectional spool valve and making a wireless remote handheld workstation to control the entire mill.

Heck I could then sit in a recliner and run the mill.   ;)

VA-Sawyer

If you get that done, please post pictures and instructiona on the sawmill mod thread.  :D
VA-Sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!