iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FLA Hidy Hole

Started by ARKANSAWYER, September 02, 2004, 07:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

IF any of you FLA boys need a hidy hole come to Arkansas and I will put you up and to work.  Them storms never reach these hills and we stay high and dry.  Pack and run and if you need high ground you are welcome here.  DanG had better pack up as well.
  No need to call just come.  If you can get to Yellville Arkansas you will be home free.  Got lots of room and logs. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

billbobtlh

The first logs I ever milled were the pretty pines we got out of yards after hurricane Kate. There will be lots of wood for portable mills for a year after this storm.

Texas Ranger

I would say come to Texas, but if that sucker turns a little west it will chase you all the way to Brownsville.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks guys, but, we ain't leaving.  ::) ;D Don't want to get stuck on the road with no food, no facilities and out in the open.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Cedarman

Doesn't matter where you live, something is always chasing you. Coast is hurricanes, midwest tornadoes, top of hills lightning, valleys get flooded, hillsides slide, up north snow storms.  But if you see it coming it is good to know where the safe places are. Arky, it sounds like your place would be good to visit even without being chased by a storm.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

DanG

If it comes here, it should be Sunday, and the storm will be greatly weakened. That is, unless it goes straight across the state, gets into the Gulf, and then turns north. If that happens, I'll go east to Savannah. I got some G-kids over there I ain't seen in a while, anyway. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

sprucebunny

Cedarman You got to be careful walkin round Arky's yard ,I hear. :o :o  SNAKES :o :o
YIKEs
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

ARKANSAWYER

Well the welcome matt is out if you change your mind.  It is going to be nice here in the 80's and sunshinny.  No storms and tree rat season opens Saturday so me and LBJ will be having tree rat dumples Saturday night for supper before we go to town to listen to music on the Square.
  Best advice I can give is keep the TP and powder dry.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Fla._Deadheader

They still have pickin & grinnin on the square ??? My youngest daughter used to pick and grin for the crowd. She was 6-7 years old.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Gary_C

ARKANSAWYER

You may have spoke too soon. I just looked at the computer models of the storm track and one shows Francis going straight up thru Arkansaw.  It could easily change, but many years ago some hurricanes or at least the low pressure center have kept going clear into the midwest.  I saw some of the aftermath of the one that came ashore in the Cheasapeake Bay and followed the river up to Harrisburg, PA and dumped over 13 inches of rain on the valley. Buildings near the river had water up to the first floor ceilings.

We are never safe from Mother Nature's wrath.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!