iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trailer Decking Price in Your Area

Started by Billikenfan, March 31, 2015, 09:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billikenfan

What are you guys getting for trailer decking in your area.  I called several mills yesterday and couldn't find any I'm my area that cut 16 - 20ft oak.  Just trying to figure the market for this stuff.  I have a few guys wanting trailer floors.  I would like to get as much as possible but I also want to be fair. 

Thanks Scott
2015 Woodmizer LT40  Hydraulic 35hp
Mountain Home Firewood Kiln. Beaver Wood Eater Firewood Processer.  John Deere 260 Skid Steer.

Warped

Hope to see some replies soon......got a request for 15'x6' decking and have no idea on price. He's even willing to take lengths less than 15'. Wants it 5/4 to 6/4. I told him probably around $250.....???
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Billikenfan

Also forgot to mention I'm in the St . Louis area.  I know prices will vary with location. 

Scott
2015 Woodmizer LT40  Hydraulic 35hp
Mountain Home Firewood Kiln. Beaver Wood Eater Firewood Processer.  John Deere 260 Skid Steer.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Billikenfan on March 31, 2015, 10:52:50 AM
Also forgot to mention I'm in the St . Louis area.  I know prices will vary with location. 

Scott

@Billikenfan

If you update your profile to include basic location info people would know where you are even if you don't tell them explicitly in the post...

BTW, welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Herb

beenthere

PC
Have you been reading about the mis-use of the @ function?  Take a look, as it wasn't needed here. Just sayin.....

found in this thread
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,82427.msg1258065.html#msg1258065
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

PC-Urban-Sawyer

BeenThere,

Sorry, I had in fact misunderstood the use of the @ function.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Herb

Peter Drouin

What's a tag. :D :D :D :D
No, wait, I don't want to know. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

customsawyer

$2.00 a bf and up. If it goes over 16' then the price jumps every 2' in length over.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodmills1

recently raised oak to 175/ bd ft log run, and 2 bucks for long and or specified widths.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

JB Griffin

2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 31, 2015, 06:09:25 PM
I get 1.50 a BF W Oak. ;D
Same here. I do think I need to start charging more. Dealing with 16' logs with a 32hp tractor aint easy. I could do $1 a bf up to 8' long.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

barbender

I sold some last spring for $1/ board foot for anything over 8'. $.75/bf on 8', this is what the local commercial mill is charging. I'd happily raise my price if I can get it, but I need to develop a market first. Good quality bur oak in longer lengths is hard to come by up here, the only way I came across this stuff was I was working on a job where we harvested a bunch of it. This isn't typical up here, usually bur oak is reserved for wildlife forage. In fact, two calls I've gotten for bur oak lately have been from fellow sawmill owners, they just can't get logs to saw.
Too many irons in the fire

sandsawmill14

Quote from: WDH on March 31, 2015, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: sandsawmill14 on March 31, 2015, 07:16:19 PM
2x10x16 w oak $1.00 bdft  here

Wow, is that your own logs?
yes but not grade logs. that is just a little more than tie price for fooling with small orders
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!