iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do you safely store your expensive calipers/dividers/Big Al

Started by esarratt, March 29, 2015, 09:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esarratt

Hi,
Just bought a caliper and some dividers along with a Big Al and I am a little afraid they will get bent in my tool box.  Anybody come up with some safe, yet inexpensive way to store these rather expensive tools?

I live out of my truck so I need something that can take a little abuse and not get bent or broken.  I am thinking they will live behind the seat.

I have considered a small handgun case, but carrying around 3-4 of these seems a bit much.

Thanks!

woodworker9

I make french fitted wooden cases for all my measuring tools that are considered delicate and adverse to being knocked around.  Some come with cases, and then I'll just use that.  A calibrated tool for measuring does no good if it's knocked out of whack.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Dave Shepard

My digital calipers came in a padded box. Dividers are not sensitive to abuse, so they get piled in my carryall tray with my combo squares, trammel points, etc. Big Al gets tucked into the bottom of the carryall next to the framing squares. I have several carryalls to put tools in. They seem to work well enough to protect everything.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

esarratt

Brad_bb

I just keep my stuff in a carpenters tools box(s).
https://youtu.be/OiM7ZjiVRmw

Be careful not to overthink stuff, and just plain old be careful with your tools  ;D
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Magicman

Loan them all to your Brother-in Law.  That way you can buy new ones when you need them.   ::)

OK, I will behave myself now.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!