iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's up with this guy?

Started by GATreeGrower, March 27, 2015, 05:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GATreeGrower

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Wow.  There is a lot going on there. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

That one looks like the Elephant Man.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WV Sawmiller

Wow! I thought totem poles were carved, not grown.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Clark

Let me be the first to ask: what would that look like cut up into lumber?

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

mesquite buckeye

There are lodgepole pines in Yellowstone that look like that. Some of the buildings around Old Faithful have incorporated them in the beams and guardrails, etc.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

If trees feel pain, that is a picture of misery.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warped

These cut wavey, unless you use Compound W in the coolant jug......
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Jeff

I would never saw that tree into boards.  I wish it was mine, I would remove the bark and use it as a signature support column in the cabin I will probably never build. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warped

Quote from: Jeff on April 01, 2015, 10:37:55 AM
I would never saw that tree into boards.  I wish it was mine, I would remove the bark and use it as a signature support column in the cabin I will probably never build. :D
That would certainly make a sweet centerpiece.
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

Thank You Sponsors!