And Yet Another Bench

Started by WDH, March 27, 2015, 07:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

This may be boring to some, but I never get tired of a shapely pair of legs  ;D.

A live edge maple slab.

How is that for some sawdust on the floor  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tam-i-am

Quote from: WDH on March 27, 2015, 07:36:38 AM
This may be boring to some, but I never get tired of a shapely pair of legs  ;D.

I like it! may have to be my tag line. ;D

bench looks good.  will you post pic after you apply your finish?
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

beenthere

I like that, and with your styled lower board, looking like what I've been working on.. too slowly but it is coming along.

These Alissa legs are going to be the key to a great addition to our great room. After 50 yrs of being stored behind the piano, finally breathing some life under that walnut slab.  Some finish work left to do.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Tam,

Working on the tung oil and mineral spirits finish now.  Will post a finished pic.

Brother BT,

That is one fine looking piece. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

You two guys are trying to get a leg up (old saying) on each other.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

:D

I took the shelf off to finish it, and seem to like the looks of it better without the shelf.

And I feel the 12 lags from the legs into the walnut top will be strong enough to hold normal usage.... just no beer drinking brawls or dancing on the top or it might tear out the lags. If that happens, I'll need to add the shelf back in for strength.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

For my porch benches, the shelf is for my shoes  :).

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Magicman on March 27, 2015, 08:40:11 PM
You two guys are trying to get a leg up (old saying) on each other.   ;D

you guys are so witty!  I should have called on you when I was trying to write for the website.

Beenthere - that's a beautiful table without the shelf! Thanks for sharing it.

beenthere

Moved the table to the great room, and took a couple pics. Great legs and perfect height. Thanks to LogRite for the build.

south central Wisconsin

thecfarm

That is a fine looking bench. Good job.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Now it is a table  ;D.  You will get a lot of nice comments on that table.

Jeff

That is really really nice. I can really picture it since I've stood in that room before. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

That slab waited just long enough for the "Rite Legs" so that it could become a work of art. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I think that it is perfect for that setting. 

Raider Bill

You guys and Wild Bill are inspiring me to do something like that for my livingroom in Florida.

Danny, better start saving me some slabs for tammy's legs! :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WDH

I have a nice walnut one that will do fine. 

Tam-i-am

RaiderBill  Hey hey hey none of the legs have my name!  There's Alissa, Danielle, Stacy, Rosa, Anne but no Tammy.   :D