iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Work injury

Started by lynde37avery, March 25, 2015, 09:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Good to hear it went well.Pinning it sounds bad,did Doc Hare do the fixing? Lets compare boots picts in my gallary.
Ed K

David-L

good to hear it went ok. go slow and you be back at it soon enough.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

BargeMonkey

Bring on the pictures.  :D    I got a finger tip yrs ago in the splitter, they looked for a few hrs for it and couldnt find it, some poor mouse got logger jerky.  ;D
I would be extra careful, toes and feet are very susceptible to infection and loss of circulation, what feels uncomfortable turns into a mess when you get home later and stuff is changing colors.

tmbrcruiser

Hope you are doing better. I cut my toes too, was walking the log and trimming small limbs. My foot was ahead of the tip of the saw and when the tip hit the log it took off right through my toes. That has been nearly thirty years ago. Still have a funny lookin big toe but it works and doesn't bother me. Sorry to hear you were cut, good thing is it was only a toe. Could have been much worst, so take care and good luck.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

rockwall

Good luck healing and try to enjoy the downtime.

red

Sounds Good.  . Hop along
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

BargeMonkey

lynde37avery

In an incredible amount of pain after this surgery. The perkaset just makes me feel like a vegetable. Hope it subsides soon. I posted 2 new pics in my gallery. One of my boot and then me in the medical bed. Thank you so much for all the support FF friends.
Detroit WHAT?

Ron Scott

Good news that all went well. The healing time is always "a pain" with "down time".
~Ron

78NHTFY

....so when your wife says having a baby is the worst pain ever, you can say... :D :D :D.  Good to hear you are on the mend.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

thecfarm

No picture of your foot. Thank you!! You was all smiles in bed.  ;D  Probably those pain pills are throwing you for a lope,but they help out on the pain?? Maybe the Doc will give you something else in a few days not as strong?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lynde37avery

The pain meds are not for bthe pain it just makes me loopy.
Detroit WHAT?

stoneeaglefarm

Heal well and I hope its the last one, Some of us old timers have many and some have few, Part of the game, Get back when your ready and just remember what ya did so you do not do it again, Walking trees is some thing we all did and some thing we should have never done.

timberlinetree

Just be REAL carful with those pills. They are more dangerous than a loaded .45!  Hope your healing well. First your foot and now the firewood buyer texted me that one of our friends got it in the face by kickback. Broke both cheek bones,both eyescokets and nose.WORK SAFE out there!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Ken

Good luck with the mend.  I've also had a nasty chainsaw injury to my foot which shut me down for 6 months.  Chainsaws don't cut they rip.  Listen to the doctors and therapists.  Do the exercises that they recommend and it is pretty amazing how a body will heal.  I do not have full use of my foot but happy to still have it attached.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

luvmexfood

I remember an old saying "sticks out like a sore thumb". Would you change that now to "nothing sticks out like a sore toe"?
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

lynde37avery

Stitches came out today. Looks good anyone wanna see? I still got 1 month till I can work 40 hrs logging cuz if the pin.
Detroit WHAT?

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

lynde37avery

I put one up in my gallery. Looks real good
Detroit WHAT?

g_man

Looks pretty tender. That's going to hurt for a while. Take care of it. 3/8" chain ??

I cut thru a tendon on the top of my thumb with a skill saw. It hurt for a whole year I think. Kept wacking it with the hammer especially starting short roofing nails back in days of yore.

lopet

Looks like the doc did a nice job. Won't be long and you are up and running again. smiley_thumbsup
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

tantoy

Quote from: lynde37avery on April 09, 2015, 06:05:44 PM
Stitches came out today. Looks good anyone wanna see? I still got 1 month till I can work 40 hrs logging cuz if the pin.
Yep had a few smaller type wounds on my finger digits, they seem much more sensitive to cold weather now. I hope you can get back on that Franklin soon!
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

Ed_K

Looks to be healing good. A lot farther up than I thought it would be.
Ed K

Jeff

Yea. you look a bit loopy.  :D  Glad things went well.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

lynde37avery

I feel so much better. Still a lot of weeks till I can slam and ram the timber out with franklin. But the time off is fine. 
Yea 3/8 chain 372xp
Detroit WHAT?

Thank You Sponsors!