iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

518 cat

Started by coxy, March 22, 2015, 09:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

errrrrrrrrrr        has any one ever took the radiator out of one   is there a hinge on the nose or does it have to come off    do you have to take the belly pan down or just take the bolts out   is there any trans cooler lines that need to be taken off         thanks coxy

log cutter

Yes, you have to take the hard nose off. Only the two rad hoses. Helps if you have a loader around to lift the hard nose off and  the rad also. Can't remember on the front belly pan but kind of think you can do it without taking it off , been ten years since i had one off.

Timbco 475E

coxy

loggah

Theres 10 million bolts in the front of a 518 cat !! ;D I think i remember a row of bolts across the front of the belly pan that have to come off along with all the other bolts holding the nose on.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

coxy

well found out the radiator stays with the nose then comes out the back side toward the fan what a pain in the   all this for a 2min fix

tj240

old saying from a old jd guy CAT means cost another thousand. not my opinion, but seems to fit. i kind of like the 518. good luck with your repair
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

coxy

I cant complain much about this skidder I paid 5 grand for it 4years ago drove it home fixed the winch and did the brakes and a turbo i put a planetary in it last year I still have less than 9grand in it  ya its a little hard on fuel when pulling up hill but my legs and arms don't hurt from pushing the clutch in and moving 3 shift levers  :D  as far as cost another thousand its better than 70thousand for a different skidder cause the parts are obsolete like most jd stuff cause it over 15 years old  ???

JustinW_NZ

I recently got the close relation to the 518 a 528 CAT Coxy, and found a similar thing.
Fix some hoses and other minor bits and it otherwise its nice to go into the dealer for the most silly things and they always seem to supply whatever you need.

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Logger003

You have a better cat dealer than I have I've got a D6 and although there is no problem getting parts it seems like I have to wait a week for them to order them

coxy

if I put an order in by 3pm the parts are there by 8am next morning

Thank You Sponsors!