iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sometimes 1 is not Enough

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 22, 2015, 07:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Bought a 2005 JD310G 4X4 yesterday. It was delivered this afternoon.
Everything works on it with no leaks. Very strong running Backhoe.

My other 555C is tied up a lot of times with the forks on it moving lumber etc.
This JD will allow my Offbearer(kirk) or myself to load mulch or topsoil or sawdust as customer come in.

The fellow that owned this JD is in his late 70's and his wife can no longer get out of bed. He decided to sell all his equipment. He was very helpful in showing me all I needed to know about this Backhoe and gave me his number if I ever needed him. Just a great guy who really hated to sell his farm equipment.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Nice looking machine David!   smiley_thumbsup   smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ncsawyer

After a while,  you'll wonder how you ever got by with just the one.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

customsawyer

Get your wielder buddy to put a manual thumb on it. It is awesome for unloading logs. ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

GAB

Quote from: customsawyer on March 22, 2015, 07:19:19 PM
Get your wielder buddy to put a manual thumb on it. It is awesome for unloading logs. ;)

When you get done adding the thumb, add some chain hooks to the bucket.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Actually I had saved up for an Edger.........but that deal fell through.  >:( >:( >:(

drobertson

Nice,, and yea on the thumb gizmo,, might as well,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bruno of NH

Nice that should work well for you
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

That thing can't edge lumber.  It is too dinky. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

4x4American

Deere makes a good hoe.  One company I worked at had all Cat hoes, and then the dealer gave them a hard time and we switched all our hoes to Deere, and we liked em way better!  Went from 446/450 class Kitty Cats to 710 size Deeres.  They are big hoes, with lots of power.  Just don't make them mad.  I agree with putting a thumb on, or, a grapple on the hoe.  We put a Valby grapple on a 450b crawler loader backhoe and it made working around the sawmill 100% better than the old tongs we were using.

Now time for a FF Boogie to welcome the new hoe.
8) 8) 8)
Boy, back in my day..

ozarkgem

Sweet. I love my backhoe. You done good.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

landscraper

Quote from: customsawyer on March 22, 2015, 07:19:19 PM

x2

Most of my logs show up in a dump truck and hit the ground in a jumbled mess, sometimes firewood mixed in with sawlogs of all different species, the thumb on the backhoe makes short work of sorting them out.  Then forks on the front bucket to carry to the appropriate stacks. 

Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Peter Drouin

So what year is it and what's the HRs?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 22, 2015, 09:11:18 PM
So what year is it and what's the HRs?

In the op its says its a 2005.

It has 2100 hours on it.  :)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 22, 2015, 09:16:11 PM
That is a keeper David.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Thanks Lynn....you did see it is a 2005 in my opening post....right?  :D

Magicman

Yup, it was right there beside the Grits in the OP.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 22, 2015, 09:19:35 PM
Yup, it was right there beside the Grits in the OP.   ;D

On the Windshield !  :D :D :D

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

And you got it for a price of an edger.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 22, 2015, 09:39:53 PM

:D :D :D I wish. It was $300 more.

barbender

That machine is just broke in  ;)
Too many irons in the fire

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 22, 2015, 09:43:05 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 22, 2015, 09:39:53 PM

:D :D :D I wish. It was $300 more.

I hope he can buy Grits for a while. With the 300 more.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

grweldon

I moved 3000 yards of dirt with one nearly identical to that.  It was a "J".  Great machine.  I rented the smaller brother this weekend, a 110.  Not nearly the machine but sometimes you just don't really need a big machine.  I was digging the perimeter for the slab of my barn.  Great find David.  I'd miss the old girl too if I sold it...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

loggah

Nice tractor!!!  you cant have to many motorized wheelbarrows!! ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

4x4American

motorized wheelbarrows  :D :D
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

Well sad logger !
I like shoveling with a backhoe !
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Holmes

Looks like you will be ready for the next BIG snow storm.  :)
Think like a farmer.

GAB

Quote from: loggah on March 30, 2015, 04:48:51 PM
Nice tractor!!!  you cant have to many motorized wheelbarrows!! ;D ;D

Did you see the size of the dust pan on the front of that machine?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Dave Shepard

At my last job we had a machine with a three yard dust pan on the front that would lift 25,000 pounds. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

warren46

Nice looking machine.  I have its Grand Dad (a John Deere 300b) and I find that it does everything I ask it to do.
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

loggah

I used to have a 275B michigan loader with a 7 yd spade nose ledge bucket,weighed 80,000 lbs weren't much around it wouldn't pick up !! some days i really miss it!! my JCB is a nice little backhoe but it wont load a 14 yd dump truck with two buckets !!!! ;D ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A lot of folks down here don't like the JCB......I don't know why though. I've never ran one.

Warped

I read those British JCB parts are expensive........????
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

barbender

You Yankees and your "dustpans"  :D ::)
Too many irons in the fire

YellowHammer

That is a sweet machine!  Around here, Deere hoes are very popular.  Good deal. 
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

scleigh

The grading guys around here say JCB = junk comes from Brittain....I dont know

redprospector

I've ran JCB's some in the past. The only thing I can think of that I didn't like about them is the British Standard fittings on all of the hydraulics. No one around here will carry them. The closest hydraulic shop that tries to stock any kind of British fittings is 150 mile round trip from the house.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!