iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring Maintenance

Started by kensfarm, March 21, 2015, 11:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kensfarm

I have a Kohler 27 hp on my mill..  I was looking at air filters at TSC and saw that they had Kohler Engine Maintence kits.  Comes w/ 2 plugs, air filter w/ outer foam filter,  oil filter, 2 qts oil, fuel filter.  One weekend I just put the new filter on.. wow I didn't know the old one was so blocked up.. you could tell the engine was running better.  So today I finished up the rest.. ran the engine for a bit.. sounded good.  Also learned that the outer foam filter is suppose to be oiled.  Burnt up a can of silicone spray on chains, etc.  Probably do some cutting tomorrow.  I also had gotten new drive belt and wheel belts to have on hand.

We got 6 inches of snow for the 1st day of spring.. mostly melted today.

4x4American

Nice!  How ya like the mill?
Boy, back in my day..

kensfarm

Had the mill since Sandy blew through town.. loving it.. barn is full of lumber.. looking at building a mill shed at some point.  I spent most of winter trying to finish off this 50 acre track of blown down timber.  Initially was just pulling saw logs.. started taking firewood this winter too.  This is what I work on.. take any leaners too if the root ball is up.  I'm always in the dirt. 

Here's where some of white oak is ending up.. they had 4ft spacing.. w/ sticks & tin to stack hay on.  I went w/ 2ft.. using 1 1/2 fl boards.  It's still a work in progress.. so watch your step.  All this lumber is from the sawmill.. makes me smile. 

Magicman

That mill will pay for itself many times over, plus you have all of the fun.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

78NHTFY

Nice job on that old barn floor redo--makes us all smile.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Thank You Sponsors!