iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Event Name

Started by Jeff, August 31, 2004, 05:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Whats everybody think about if I call the Forestry Forum Pig Roast, the "Forestry Forum Rendezvous"?  I feel so obligated to cook pig with the other title. :D  I might want to make soup instead. ;)

Pig aint bad though. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

How about beef or venison or...................

Yeah, good idea Jeff!  ;) ;)

Tom

I favor
Purlieu (a frequently visited place) (a term of the old English forest law (q.v.), and meant, as defined by Manwood (Treatise of the Forest Laws)) (a haunt)

....just cause it isn't a word you hear too often and...  
isn't there a cajun dish who's name sounds like that? :D

Hmmm  Chicken purlieu! 8)

Maybe we could invite Prudhomme sometime. :D :D

sprucebunny

How about Forestry Forum Field Day? Please.. no dishes made w/ hay. Soup sounds good but it's gonna be real hard to turn on a spit .
Rendezvous sounds a little sissy.
Or just FF BBQ.
Love this place, can't wait to meet y'all!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Pete J

Jeff

Sissy?  You would be talking mostly to fellers carrying guns and bows and saws and axes. Rendezvous is a term widley used by Hunters trappers and woodsmen to meet at a predetermined point ata predetermined time.  I used to attend a Bow hunters rendezvous near the beginning of each season to sharpen my shooting skills and eat roast pig and drink beer with fellers that made me look like a shrimp. Sissy for that word has never entered my thinking. :)

sprucebunny

I guess most of the guys I know don't have that vast a vocabulary.They just say'Meet me at the old tree'.Now that you put it that way I'd like to retract that comment, not that I meant any critisism.
I like Sawdustfest better ,anyhow.

DanG

Rendezvous sounds ok, as does Picnic. Both are appropriate. However, I like the term "Pig Out."  Judging from the pics, I'd say that really captures the spirit of the thing. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

chet

Rendezvous sounds good ta me. As long as it don't rule out da chances of roastin' another piggy sometime in da future.  ;)  
Specially seein' as how we got da roaster figured out now.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Well, I been thinking and we will let pig roast stand at least for this year.

Percy

Jeff
Im thinkin you can call it whatever you like ;D Have a different name each year for whatever it is you and Tammy are cookin up or whatever.  I wish I could make it to one of these...and if I could/can, I wouldnt care what it was called, so long as I got to have as much fun/meet cool folks, as you guys did at this years PIGROAST. If you do pig next year, call it the swine swa-ray(sp), no disrespect intended ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Jeff

I referred to it several times as the pigout or pig-gig.  :)

chet

Dats a relief, I thought I might have to bone up on my checkers skills for da night before. But now I don't have ta worry, cause we'll be baby sittin' da piggy again.  8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Hey! I was da only one baby sitting after 12:00!  The rest of ya all crashed! I made it until 5 am then fell asleep til 6 and woulndnt ya know the roaster ran outta gas in between.

chet

I wooda stayed, but da wax lady made me leave.  :D

CHARLIE

Jeff, I like Forestry Forum Rendezvous.  I like Forestry Forum Piggy Roast too.  On the years that a pig is going to be roasted, call it a Piggy Roast and on the years a pig ain't gonna be roasted call it a Rendezvous.  I'll come either way! 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

CHARLIE

Or.....how 'bout  Forestry Forum Reunion? :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

etat

How about a Rendezvous next year at the Forestry Forum Jubilee.  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

sprucebunny

Jubilee?? That sounds like I ought to wear a skirt !! Yuck!!  PigRoast has such a manly, outdoorsy , slightly barbaric ring to it that any change needs to live up to. ;D If you want to change the menu just leave out pig and call it the Roast. The Real Roast and maybe some Regional Roasts....

beenthere

I have all intentions to attend next years' "event", but I'll leave the deciding of its name to those who have "beenthere", and have the true feeling of what it was like.  :)

Who knows, it may have something to do with an 'underground' pit   ;D

Not yet "beenthere", and can't wait.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OneWithWood

A get together of forestry forum members is a good thing no matter what it is called.
Call it anything, just don't call me late to a FF get together!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

dewwood

Always wanted to go to a Ronnyvoo!
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Bro. Noble

Well,  as I mentioned elsewhere,  I favor  'Da Big Doings',  but one advantage to a raughndeevouigh is that I think that shaving and maybe even bathing is optional ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!