iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

franklin 132 xl

Started by coxy, March 17, 2015, 07:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

how good of a skidder are they        they look to be about in the same size rang as a jd540d   are they easy to get parts for  and how are the winches  don't know the year  maybe late 70early 80s its yellow and the rims are red don't know if that helps with the year

BHC

i had one for 10 years or so it was a good reliable skidder, this was a 1973, week point was the rubber o rings on the out side covers for the planetary, always leaking, never lost any major components,  it had a Swede winch which was very good imo as being trouble free. this was smaller than a 540 kinda in the range of the older 440 or c4 as far a payload. I run it day in and day out one of the best investments i ever made, and there been days i would have traded my c5 for it back, but the c5 dose pull more wood and a bit better when your making a living cutting.
84 C5D Tree Farmer, 78 S8 International, Thompson Band Mill, M14 Foyley Belsaw

deghan2172

I have one and it goes decent. mine will pull a cord and a half no issue. they are a tough machine and the biggest issue ive seen is the hydrolic cylinder on those winches can be problematic at  times but thats a cheap simple fix
78 Franklin 132 XL-N, 92 Dodge D250, Jonsered 2172, Jonsered 2152

Thank You Sponsors!