iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My atv got a little more than the desired

Started by teed, March 16, 2015, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teed

I picked a few logs in the forest, which was a little more what my atv wanted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvRmykI3wR4&fmt=22
On my homestead, I mill with.
Logosol B1001 bandsaw mill
Woodland mill HM122 bandsaw mill
Logosol F2 with Speedsaw E5 chainsaw mill
Logosol Farmers with Stihl MS391 and MS661

Southside

Hi Teed, where are you located?  Nice logs, around here the enforcement folks would call that video evidence...
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

beenthere

Teed is in Sweden, I believe. Maybe we can get him to add his country to his Profile.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

teed

Yep I'm from southern Sweden. And I've also added it to mon profile now

beenthere

Nice size logs you were bringing in with the ATV and trailer. Do you log on public land or private? Are the trees you can cut yours or ones you buy from a landowner?
Looks like only ATV access for logging, from the looks of the trail. Just curious.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodhauler

Hope them 3 logs was worth the burnt belt on his atv!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

teed

I have some own land which I cut down trees on. These logs are from my neighbor's land and blew down in a storm we had here a few weeks ago.
It's fine to run with the larger machine almost all the way, but it is newly planted spruce forest, so it's easing to reach with ATV

teed

Quote from: Woodhauler on March 16, 2015, 04:23:27 PM

No, the three logs is not worth a burned belt but the bet if I would come home or not. :D
And the belt is easy to replace and not too expensive. But I think it made it pretty good this time

Shotgun

Quote from: teed on March 16, 2015, 04:27:33 PM
I have some own land which I cut down trees on. These logs are from my neighbor's land and blew down in a storm we had here a few vekor ago.
It's fine to run with the larger machine almost all the way, but it is newly planted spruce forest, so it's easing to reach with ATV

"Weeks" in English.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

teed

Quote from: Shotgun on March 16, 2015, 04:35:31 PM
Quote from: teed on March 16, 2015, 04:27:33 PM
I have some own land which I cut down trees on. These logs are from my neighbor's land and blew down in a storm we had here a few vekor ago.

"Weeks" in English.

Sorry

Woodhauler

Quote from: teed on March 16, 2015, 04:33:15 PM

No, the three logs is not worth a burned belt but the bet if I would come home or not. :D
And the belt is easy to replace and not too expensive. But I think it made it pretty good this time
Just the same, NICE little setup you have there!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

teed

Quote from: Woodhauler on March 16, 2015, 04:42:43 PM
Quote from: teed on March 16, 2015, 04:33:15 PM

Just the same, NICE little setup you have there!

thank you, it works great

Ed_K

Be careful, that's how I ended up with a back operation from going over backwards.
Ed K

Straightgrain

ATVs are amazing pieces of equipment!

Here is my 2001 Rancher 4X4 ES at work. It is retired now (trail rides) with 6K+ miles, but it served faithfully for 12 years. I Made the Arch for @ $90.00.

Skidding Ponderosa Pine one year for my now deceased neighbor-mentor, and the weight on the arch actually caused the back wheels on the ATV to be suspended in the air.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

EFR

That was a nice video Tweed, thanks for sharing. 

samandothers

Thanks for post.  Atv's are good! Going down hill with too much weight behind you can be exciting!

Thank You Sponsors!