help with wood id?

Started by pullerbob, March 15, 2015, 04:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullerbob

Try to put up pics but not sure how?

thecfarm

This should help.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,61788.0.html

I think you can skip the gallery part. Jeff just changed all that part. Give it a try,get stuck,just ask for help.  ;D
Welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pullerbob

OK thank you I will give it a try

beenthere

Your pics are in your gallery. Just need to get them in your post.

Go to the post where you want to put them.

Click the line below "Click here to add Photos to post" and it will take you to a window with a menu tab on top.. click the "My gallery" tab. You will then see your pics. Click on the one you want to post, and it will enlarge. Then scroll down the page until you see the "Insert image" box. Click it and say "ok".
It will then be in your post. Click Preview to be sure it is the one you want.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

give the guy a minute. When I posted the link his gallery was empty. I betcha he's a working on it as we post.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pullerbob

OK sorry it taking me so long but when I select for pic upload and it takes me to my gallery pics I select my file but can not get it to post it wants me to add pics to my album? By the way I am doing this off of my smart phone maybe I need to do it from a computer?

pullerbob

Finally here are the pics!..

pabst79

Not sure, others will be along and help. Awesome pics though.  :)
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southside

That was my guess.  Calling @WDH for a definite answer. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

I agree with Brother Beenthere. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, pullerbob.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

NWP

The pictures are so close up its hard to tell.  I'm not convinced its walnut. If I was going by bark only I'd say cottonwood. The heart doesn't look dark enough for walnut. Was the tree in a yard?  Did it produce any nuts?
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

pullerbob

NWP I'm not sure it produced any nuts as it is at someone elses place that the tree had came down on the garage and it is in a yard. When they get the main tree trunk off of the garage I will be going back over and getting the rest of it. Thanks everyone for the replies. I going think from all you others that it is walnut but will say it is pretty dense as it has some weight.

WDH

The yellow inner bark is a dead giveaway. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Gary_C

The other dead giveaway of it being walnut is if it's got nails in it.  :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

WDH

All highly valuable yard walnut has nails in it. 

4x4American

Get the metal detector lets figure this out
Boy, back in my day..

Southside

Quote from: WDH on March 22, 2015, 07:54:51 PM
All highly valuable yard walnut has nails in it.

And it must be leaning toward a more valuable owners house.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

With a powerline in between. 

4x4American

And a septic system in the lay
Boy, back in my day..

Gary_C

And the owner knows it's worth $30,000 but will take just $5,000 if you do all the work, don't leave anything behind, repair any damage to their yard, and mow the grass when you leave.   :)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

WDH

And, feed the dog and the cats.

4x4American

Leave a pint of blood for a deposit
Boy, back in my day..

The WoodYard

Thank You Sponsors!