iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Garden tractor pull.

Started by customsawyer, March 14, 2015, 05:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I have a good friend that puts on theses garden tractor pulls about twice a year. The money raised goes to the youth group at church so I always sponsor the events but had never been able to get the time to go to one. Well is no pics it didn't happen right so here is a pic of one with a 360 Dodge V8. ;D

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

beenthere

:D :D :D
Put that in the garden and "smoke" it.. !!    ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red oaks lumber

can you put a bagger on the back? :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

curdog

Wasn't there another post on here about a guy with 400 acres of grass to mow.... problem solved  ;D

Magicman

That ain't your Daddy's Oldsmobile Garden Tractor.  :o 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pabst79

Is that a Simplicity or John Deere?  :o
Not sure which came first, but I have chickens and eggs.

thecfarm

More Dodge than anything else.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

Should be required to have a functioning mower deck, and mow 1/2 acre to qualify. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

MikeZ

I happen to have one of these on the loft area of my shop. Did that for a few years. Wild Ride!
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

Darrel

I wonder if I could hook my mower up behind that. . . . . . . Hummmm  ???
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

MikeZ

It did happen, finally got my picture loaded.

MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

Darrel

Yup! I could mow with that!  (Even if I had to burn the grass off with the spinning tires)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

sawguy21

Hmm, this is giving me some ideas.  ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

im going to build one but not like that just a 12-15 hp one  :)

sandhills

Yeah, I think I'm missing the "garden" part of the tractors here  :D :D.  Those are fun to watch though, I'd bet they're blast to drive, a good friend and his son are building a regular sized tractor for pulling right now it'll be fun to see how they do.

Raider Bill

Up in Tenn they have mower races once a month. Everything from young kids 10 or so to old kids 60-70's

Watching a grasshopper going 60 mpg is quite a sight.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

Gotta admit that 60 mpg is pretty DanG good mileage.
That's a keeper for getting around town cheap.   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

redprospector

Looks like fun!
When I was a kid one of the mechanics in town built a pulling tractor. He used an Allison aircraft engine, 12 cylinders if I remember right.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

whitepine2

Quote from: redprospector on March 16, 2015, 04:48:27 PM
Looks like fun!
When I was a kid one of the mechanics in town built a pulling tractor. He used an Allison aircraft engine, 12 cylinders if I remember right.
Friend of mine had three Allisons on a pulling tractor another had one on his some fun playing with them.I had a V-12 Packard
PT boat engine sold to another friend for pulling tractor 2500 CI I think with Packard 1700 in Allison nothing sounds like the Packard
could tell when they fired up anywhere on the grounds.

easymoney

those look a bit big to be called a garden tractor. a few years ago i attended a garden tractor pull. they did not have anything near that big. but some had motorcycle engines. one of the bigger tractors hitched to the sled and the sled operator failed to put the sled in gear so the weight did not shift to the front. he was probably doing 30 miles per hour before he shut his tractor down. then the sled nearly ran over him. that was exciting to see. i think they switched sled operators after that.

customsawyer

If you go to a regular tractor pull I don't think they look much like normal tractors when they have 4 engines or a jet engine on them. ;) They have several different classes just like the big boys.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!