iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Broke part 'o my Woodmizer

Started by Engineer, August 30, 2004, 02:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer

Was cuttin' some small (3-4" dia.) sugar maples near my mill last week, and one of them dropped across the hitch of the mill.  Now the thingy that secures the hitch to the ball is broke off - it's the thing that levers down and you put a pin or lock through it so the hitch can't slip up off the ball..  I can't see any way to fix it without literally sawing off the entire hitch tongue and rewelding a whole new one back on.   >:(

Anybody have any bright idears for this one?

Kirk_Allen

If you look up from the bottom of the mechanism you should find a nut.  That nut can be backed off all the way the the assembly removed.  

You should be able to buy a new latch assembly at someplace like TSC (Tractor Supply Company) or Farm & Fleet, or Ruarl King or Big R.  

Not sure if you have any of those or not.  I picked up a replacement latch and a spare after a custumer dropped a rather large cant on mine and broke it last year.

I would bet WM has them as well.

Kirk

Engineer

Kirk,  

Thanks a bunch.  I'll call WM, and if not, I'll try to find one that fits.  We will be getting a TSC here next year, can't come soon enough.

Buzz-sawyer

I did once.......I disassembled the guts out of mine replacing the lift/lock arm :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Thank You Sponsors!