iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The next ???????? project.

Started by customsawyer, March 11, 2015, 09:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

I was cornfused and thought the project was this past weekend.
No wonder nobody is talking about it. :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on May 18, 2015, 08:16:37 AM

It was this past weekend. Don't you remember Glenn? You won the door prize.
The Logrite. Blue Tool? Orange Mill, Purple Drank? Red Necks?
Come on buddy, don't you remember?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

I think we need to cut him off from the purple Drank before he loses his mind. Sorry to late.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Sixacresand

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on May 18, 2015, 01:51:46 PM
Quote from: Mooseherder on May 18, 2015, 08:16:37 AM

It was this past weekend. Don't you remember Glenn? You won the door prize.
The Logrite. Blue Tool? Orange Mill, Purple Drank? Red Necks?
Come on buddy, don't you remember?  :D
I hate I missed it.  Maybe I can catch the one this weekend.  :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Weekend_Sawyer

Sorry gang, I'm not going to make it. Too much going on up here in Maryland.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

grweldon

My son and I will be coming on Saturday.  We have a 4+ hour drive.  What time will y'all be cranking up?  Is Julio the contact point for determining what food to bring?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Our trailer is hooked up, truck got a LOF and filled with gas, beer on ice, bottle of wine for Lorraine, case of beer for Jake and my back pack is packed. Picking up Wild Bill o dark thirty see ya'all tomorrow. 8) 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ocklawahaboy

I'm currently laying in my tent in white springs fl.  One jam session sill going so the banjo and fiddle should put me to sleep. I can't bring myself to miss a night of this so I will see you all Saturday morning.

grweldon

My son and I will be there Saturday morning... what time does the sawing start?
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: grweldon on May 22, 2015, 08:21:55 AM
My son and I will be there Saturday morning... what time does the sawing start?
The sawing happens during pauses in eating.

slider

We are headed to the project.Can't wait to get there.It's always good to see everyone there. .Jake and Loraine are great host.Now if we can just get Danny to play that flute this year the shindig will be a hoot.
al glenn

DanG

Woodbowl is here and we are about to be en route!  8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

submarinesailor

I was thinking real hard about sneaking in without telling anyone I was coming.  BUT...."they" changed my daughter's hours for this weekend, along with Monday and Tuesday.  So, now we have to watch the grandkids all week end.  @#$%^&*.  And I managed to talk the wife into making egg rolls too.  Sorry!

Bruce

red

Bring the Grandkids plenty will act like children
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

submarinesailor

Quote from: red on May 22, 2015, 09:22:40 PM

Can't.  The youngest is still breast feeding.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red on May 22, 2015, 09:22:40 PM

They've already started.....you should read my text.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ocklawahaboy

After much deliberation, I will be staying in FL tomorrow.  The folk festival is extra good.  I have also been doing my best to make sure there isnt any ethanol left over to put in the gas.  I'll be thinking of y'all and knowing I'm missing a great time but I'm going to stick with the great time here.

Sixacresand

Pictures of Friday night?  I know it happened!. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

grweldon

in Dublin now. Will be arriving shortly.

Sixacresand

Thanks for the great time we had at Loraine and Jake's Project ????? today.  Photos at 11. 

thechknhwk

Anyone video the super secret Q-sawing method? :D

Nomad

Quote from: thechknhwk on May 23, 2015, 06:36:06 PM
Anyone video the super secret Q-sawing method? :D

I don't think so, but there were many pics taken.  It was a great day today!  Long for me, but a fantastic day.  Thanks Jake and Lorraine for putting this on.  Thanks to Julio too for the catering; wonderful food!  And thanks to all the folks who came and made the day as good as it was.  Not to mention, that was the prettiest oak lumber I believe I've ever seen.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

WDH

There was a little get-together Friday night, and a little music  :).

Started out the day today with breakfast.  Julio and Pam prepared a very nice breakfast.  Home-made biscuits, bacon, mild and hot sausage, grits, sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs. 

First log that we cut was the white oak.  26" on the small end.  This is one of the smaller ones that we have cut compared to past projects, but the quality of this one might be the best of all. 

Preparing the octagon.

On a number of boards, individual medullary rays spanned the entire width of the board.  Many of these boards were exceptional.

Here is the sycamore log.  37" on the butt, 31" on the small end.

Too busy off-bearing to tak pics of the sycamore.  Turned out really nice. 

Julio and Pam grilled some of the best chicken that you can imagine for lunch with baked beans and bacon, coleslaw, potato salad, etc. etc. etc.  .  Sorry, no pics, but it would just make you hungry. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

My oh my that breakfast makes my mouth water!   The white oak, looks even better!  Thanks for sharing Danny, from those who couldn't make it.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!