iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How long before my trees start to multiply?

Started by ncsawyer, March 10, 2015, 09:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncsawyer

I see a lot of you guys on the forum that have a whole forest below your name compared to my single little tree.  What dictates your forum status?  Is it simply the number of posts, or a combination of things?
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Chuck White

Tree multiplication is mostly based on ones participation in and around the Forestry Forum.

Helping others with information figures in there too, as well as starting posts by asking questions.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ocklawahaboy

Mine seemed to go based solely on posts.  Each one was added right on a "milestone". Each successive one is farther apart.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

sawyerf250

As near as l have it figured you get your second tree at 50 posts? So hopefully only a couple more and l will get another? lol 
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: beenthere on March 11, 2015, 01:01:45 PM
Does it matter?
Not really.  Being creatures with an obsessive need to explain the world around us, the asexual reproduction of digital trees seems like a perfectly natural curiosity to me.

ncsawyer

Quote from: Ocklawahaboy on March 11, 2015, 01:04:36 PM
Does it matter?
Not really.  Being creatures with an obsessive need to explain the world around us, the asexual reproduction of digital trees seems like a perfectly natural curiosity to me.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

fishfighter

Heck, I must have very rich ground around me. I just join this forum a little over a month ago and I have three trees. 8)

sawyerf250

Quote from: Ocklawahaboy on March 11, 2015, 01:04:36 PM
Does it matter?

Hahaha  :D :D But to answer the question it is 50 posts to get your 2nd tree... Notice l finally got mine!!  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

Lumber Grader

High Five!!! I think that is a great question. I hope you grow a lot of trees.  This Forum is REALLY GREAT and never hesitate to ask a question. 99% of all folks that answer your questions you will find to be very kind, courteous and considerate and very willing to help.  That is what makes this a great place to learn and grow a business. Maybe we will get more trees togather!!! LOL

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jmouton

i didnt know trees  multiply   
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WH_Conley

Bill

WmFritz

I worry less about growing my trees as I do getting 'em chopped down.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jemclimber

I think they multiply faster in relation to the amount of pictures you post. ;D That's my story I'm sticking to because I love to see other peoples pictures.  So post lots of pictures and see if you can prove this theory.
lt15

jueston

i'm sure the first 5 normal trees are based on post count, the magical trees with halos(like WHD)... i'm not so sure about, seems to me it must have something to do with being an admin since there are others with over 20,000 posts....

i too have spent some time staring at the trees wondering what they signify but only today when reading this post did i realize that the trees and title above the trees linked too...

i think the reason i've never noticed the title is that i'm too distracted be the avatar picture to notice the title...

sawyerf250

jueston You are right they are linked, before l got my 2nd tree it said my title was just a member and since getting it l have also been promoted to full member status.  ;D

Tom L

so I am posting now , just to see how many trees I have

Tom L

I got 4, makes no sense, must have something to do with goats and grits if you ask me

schmism

posting to see how many i have... as well as my post count and member status
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

Weekend_Sawyer

... and how many times you can derail a thread and send it to food.  :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!