iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just to clear up a few things.

Started by customsawyer, March 10, 2015, 05:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

There is some talk on here about how I am miss treating poor WDH. I would just like to take this time to clear a few things up. Here is a link to the start of all this.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,66540.msg995345.html#msg995345

I have a few portable jobs coming up and I have learned that the Cooks edger with the diesel engine is to large to put on the trailer and leave enough room for the roller tables and the tractor. This means that I need to get the Morgan edger back or I have to haul an extra trailer on these portable jobs. I don't like to make extra trips if I don't have to.

For those that haven't seen how I go on portable jobs.

The Morgan edger and roller tables fit nicely in front of the tractor and keeps me from making multiple trips. This has lead me to the decision to sell the Cooks edger with the diesel engine. It has also helped me to land in the middle of a mess (that I might have help start but I am not confessing to anything). ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WoodenHead

That is quite the mobile setup!  Thanks for sharing the picture.  I can see how your Morgan edger would fit better.   ;)

Sixacresand

It amazes me that how Customsawyer gets that rig in the photo through the Burger King drive through.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

red oaks lumber

thanks jake :(now i gotta find a differant edger
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Ga Mtn Man

I guess I'm just not that good at reading between the lines.  So who bought the edger?   Will WDH ever forgive you for selling "his" edger?  ??? 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

WDH

You know, a person can get quite attached while babysitting. 

So the experiment with the bigger edger did not pan out.  My babysitting days are over.  The little Morgan is going back home. 

Now Jake has three edgers again and that is more than one man can edge on at a time.  So, in the interest of helping out my friend Jake, I will have to man up and buy the Cooks edger  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wow....this is all new to me   :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

Man, sawing can be so confusing sometimes..bg

thecfarm

Sawing is not confusing,but using an edger is.  :)
I like WDH and the Goat Gallery version better.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

What about just strapping the Cook's edger sideways on the tractor bucket, who would even notice? huh-smiley huh-smiley
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Lambee10

I am not sure what the troopers would say to that rig going down the road in NC. :D

Wow-
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

i first thought i was out of the running for the edger but, after a phone conversation with someone ;D i have decided to drive down for the sp and haul the edger home. cheaper than paying freight 8)
sorry danny ;)you understand it's just business
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

customsawyer

You will have to man up ROL. If you guys are not able to see a used car salesman technique. It is called the ole bait and switch. :D :D :D :D :D
I caught one.  8) 8) 8)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Andries

You're a bad man Jake!
.... and you even kept the GOAT in the dark.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

ncsawyer

Quote from: Lambee10 on March 10, 2015, 04:02:48 PM
I am not sure what the troopers would say to that rig going down the road in NC. :D
I bet it would include the words "let me see your license. I'll be right back with your citation. "  That certainly would not pass here in North Carolina.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

customsawyer

To my knowledge it is legal  in all 50 states as long as the first trailer is a goose neck or a 5th wheel. I have pulled these kind of loads in several different states and through weight scales and no one has looked twice. If you see big rigs pulling tandem trailers it is legal for you too.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Dave Shepard

Doubles/Triples endorsement on a CDL A?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

hunz

Customsawyer,

After wondering if this was possible for a year or so, I now know anything is possible! That load doesn't go over your gvwr does it? I get calls from people pretty regular, with no equipment to stage their logs. I'm now seeing a whole notha' level of opportunity here. Me, the mill, and the Takeuchi in tow, everyone here we go.

Is that a 6.7 powerstroke pulling that load? F-250/F-350?
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

ncsawyer

Hunz,  I'm in the same boat you're in.  Would love to haul the tractor (about 8k pounds) and mill.  But everything I read online says triples in NC in not legal.  Of course this resource says it's not legal in GA either. but it seems customsawyer has no trouble doing it.

http://rv-roadtrips.thefuntimesguide.com/2009/07/triple_towing.php

2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

Dave Shepard

customsawyer is a double, not a triple.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

hunz

Well what constitutes triple? I would assume 2 trailers plus a vehicle using that article as a judge.
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

whitepine2

ncsawyer

I don't think it matters if you call it a double or a triple.  According to NC GS 20-116 (e)Except as provided by G.S. 20-115.1, no combination of vehicles coupled together shall consist of more than two units and no such combination of vehicles shall exceed a total length of 60 feet inclusive of front and rear bumpers, subject to the following exceptions...

It is illegal to have more than two units coupled together no matter whether you call it a double or a triple.
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

redprospector

One trailer = single
Two trailers = double
three trailers = triple
When working for a farmer in the Panhandle of Texas many years ago, I pulled 5 count em, 5 ammonia trailers to the farm.  :o If you see something like that coming don't just pull over...leave the road.  :D
That experience was kinda like herding goats.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Thank You Sponsors!