iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

kind of heart warming

Started by drobertson, March 09, 2015, 11:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

not a big deal, but on the way to town after several days of pretty cold weather for around here, I noticed two young lad riding their bikes through mud puddles  on  a good an messy gravel road on the way to town,  Just kinda  brought back some good memories of the good ole days  of being a kid ;D 8)
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

r.man

There were years when I lived on my bike. The days seemed long then.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

sawguy21

Rite of spring for a kid. Sure we caught it from mom for the muddy clothes. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

I lived on mine too. Lots of puddles,lots of jumps too. One friend's Father was tearing down an old shed. Somehow the friend found out,lay the shingle on the road,and put the brakes on it,nice black mark. That kept on busy for days!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

I remember taking old bikes and cutting the forks off and putting them on another bike to make a chopper  with 3 sets of forks pounded together did not work vary well had lots of road rash  :) 8)   then I got a motor bike that was great till I went for a ride on the town road and got lots more road rash  when pop found out he took the dozer and ran over it :'( :'( :D  to this day I could never figure out why I peddled my legs off to give my butt a ride  :D :D 8) 8) the good old days ;D

Magicman

Sadly, I never had a bike while growing up.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Paul_H

I rode back from the store with a loaf of bread in a plastic bag hanging off my right handlebar.It got caught in my spokes and I invented re-sliced bread. Never made any money but made mum a little disappointed.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Den Socling

MM never had a bike! How could that be?

21incher

I cut grass and saved up to buy a Schwinn 5 speed after several years riding a Columbia tank that weighed a ton. Got the speedometer and put over 1000 miles on it the first year I had it.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

hacknchop

Coxy ;  we made choppers out of our bikes by cutting off our front forks down where the wheel slid on then we added extentions that we made from the scaffolding braces we "found"in the neighbors yard its a wonder he did'nt kill us when he found out.
Often wrong never indoubt

coxy

Quote from: hacknchop on March 11, 2015, 07:53:54 PM
Coxy ;  we made choppers out of our bikes by cutting off our front forks down where the wheel slid on then we added extentions that we made from the scaffolding braces we "found"in the neighbors yard its a wonder he did'nt kill us when he found out.
:D :D :D

Magicman

Quote from: Den Socling on March 11, 2015, 07:15:36 PM
MM never had a bike! How could that be?
It had something to do with economics.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

Wild Bill rides a bike to work, 5 miles or so. He's got more flashing led lights on it than a fire truck ;D Sort of looks like a DUI biker without the Harley shirt.

He rides to work at o dark thirty in the AM. Has been stopped by the Cops so they can check him out. They are amazed when he produces a valid CDL as ID.

It's simply economics to him. He saves a couple bucks a day in gas money.

I think we should take up a collection to purchase and send magicman one of those geriatric 3 wheeled tricycles. :D

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

dean herring

RaiderBill, my hats off to you  may I ask where you work? My mom just retired last year at the age of 86,will be 87 on the 25th of this month,still lives by herself and is very independent. She still drives and stays active. That is the key. Hope I can be as active as you as I age gracefully of course,
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

Magicman

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 12, 2015, 09:33:55 AMand send magicman one of those geriatric 3 wheeled tricycles. :D
Yeah, so I could wreck it and black the other eye.  I never had a bike growing up, but I bought a motorcycle when I was old enough to know better.  My left knee reminds me of that mistake every day.   :-\

Raider Bill

Quote from: dean herring on March 12, 2015, 12:10:51 PM
RaiderBill, my hats off to you  may I ask where you work? My mom just retired last year at the age of 86,will be 87 on the 25th of this month,still lives by herself and is very independent. She still drives and stays active. That is the key. Hope I can be as active as you as I age gracefully of course,

I have a appraisal service. Cars and motorcycles.
I figure I have a few years left.
If you were to use me as a benchmark for activity you'd be going backwards.
Actually, as role models go I'm not a great choice. Now DanG he's the man!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!