iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Austin's Cabinets, Next!!

Started by Andy White, March 08, 2015, 09:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Outstanding Andy.  I am so proud to call both you and Nancy Friends.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Is that a Bosch 6" random orbit sander?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ljohnsaw

Very Nice!
What are the vertical dividers in the draw used for?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Andy White

Danny,
Yes, that is a Bosch. Two years ago, I got her that for a Christmas gift. When she opened it, she laughed uncontrollably! She had gotten me a Dewalt ROS. Great minds think alike. She loves to get tools of any kind, and learns how to use them.
John,
The dividers in the two center drawers are for Tupperware bowls and lids. I have pictures to give me an idea of what Stacey wanted, and that is what was in the drawer in the picture she gave me. I think that is a go9od idea.    Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Andy White

Milestone Reached Today!!
After what seems like forever, I finally did it! All the kitchen cabinets are done! That is a kitchen full for sure. Ran late this week due to loosing a day to watch them install my generator, and a day of other business. This set took five days to complete, because I'm getting old and slow! The base has another pull out rack, and two doors. The upper has three glass doors. All ready to order the glass and assemble the doors tomorrow. This will leave two small cabinets for the laundry room, and the vanity for the master bath. No idea of the scope of this one, because the engineer is working on the prints for it. I'm thinking two weeks or a little less. This has been the perfect project for scheduling, cause there aint none!! We'll keep Austin busy for a while putting them all in. Now pictures for the week.

Nancy said that we should put a top on it and make another display cabinet with these two! 8) 8) 8)
More Later      Andy

Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

Outstanding my Friends, and I see that there is LOVE built into each unit.   ;) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dablack

Lookin sharp!

The engineer has been a little busy.  I will get you some prints ASAP!

Austin
Building my own house in East TX

Andy White

Winding Down!
Got the glass installed in the kitchen cabinets, and built the cases for the laundry room cabinets Wednesday and Thursday. Started the doors today, and had a good day. Every thing worked out to the plan. If I keep doing these, one day I might get good at this stuff!! No rain today, so I opened the shop for some fresh air, and that was the best thing I could have done!! Man I love this time of year!! Sawdust and Gardenias, the stuff of legends!

Austin sent the drawings for the vanity in the master bath, and this is to start tomorrow. This will be the last piece of the puzzle, and I'm looking forward to seeing them installed and painted!  That will be the hard part, but I know he can do it!! Will post progress on vanity later.   8) 8) 8)    Andy

Magicman

Yup Andy, you were busy this past week when I wasn't. ;D  Looking Good.   :)

dablack

Looks awesome!  Can't wait. 

Andy White

Really Close!!!
This has been a good week for production. Got the drawings and started cutting stock Monday. Started with Stacey's dressing table/make up desk. Got it assembled and the guide spacers installed. The back panels will be installed after the guides are installed. When taking it off the bench, I noted that it will need some temporary brackets until Austin installs it on the base. He will have to putty up 4 little screw holes.{sorry about that!}

Next was the vanity for the sink. Two doors, and three drawers, and it was done.

When this project is done, I've got to open up the overhead dust collector pipe, cause it is plugged up. It only does this when working with Pine.

Doors are complete, but I could not reach them for a picture, they are on the front of this stack!

Next was the tall linen cabinet . Really easy to build because of the size of the panels. Easy to cut and install.

After today's session, I went in for a rest, and the UPS brought these!!

Really need them too. Tomorrow, there will be lots of guides installed, and lots of stock cut and prepped for the ten drawers that will complete the whole house full of cabinets for Austin and his family! Man, I really love doing this stuff." I don't care if syrup goes to a dollar a sop!" {old saying}Austin will have his cabinets next week, Rain, or Shine!!!

Magicman

My hat is off to you my Friend (old saying), but I truly mean it.  You are an angel in overalls, and Nancy is just an angel.  We love you both. 

fishpharmer

Impressive work!  Its great the way you two work together.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

dablack

As always, it looks like a million bucks.  Can't wait to see them in place. 

Austin

Andy White

Another Project Finished!!!!
After receiving the shipment of guides, it's time to get busy. Cut out and built the ten remaining drawers on this project. Got them done, and started the panels and trim. Done a little math, and setup the fence stop, and cut them all at one setting. Then copes and grooves. Now assemble all them and trial fit. All is good! Got all ten done and finished today !!!! This load will be at Austin's front door when he gets home from work tomorrow!

Next was to leave Austin an autograph! One day it may be a collectors item  HA!

The total material used on this project is  .....  4x8x3/4 B/C   15 sheets, 4x8x3/8...2 sheets,...4x8x1/4"  9 sheets.   1x4x8' select pine...86,   1x6x8'   97,   6 pints of Titebond 11,   100-#8x1/2" fh wood screws.
This will build 16 cabinet boxes, 32 drawers, and 33 doors!!! This one has really been a great one for me! I hope Austin and Stacey will enjoy them as much as I have.  Am now officially looking for another project!!!
:P :P :P :P smiley_smash smiley_smash smiley_whip smiley_whip 8) 8)  Andy

dablack

Good Googley Moogley Andy!  That material list really puts stuff in perspective doesn't it.

They are collector items today!  I've collected the whole set!

I'm possitive we will enjoy them more than you!  HA!

Really, I can't say enough to show my thanks.

Austin

Magicman

After reading all 28 pages of the Goodwill Sawing thread yesterday, this is icing on the cake.  Your generosity goes beyond measure Andy & Nancy.  So does your Heart. 

WDH

Andy,

You and Nancy are the best. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!