iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawed first board

Started by ReinkeFandS, March 07, 2015, 10:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReinkeFandS

So I finally got my mill and trailer done and fired up the engine the first time. I couldn't wait till tomorrow so i got the tractor out, lit up the led's and cut up my first log.

Cooks MP HD3238
Stihl MS 461, MS 261, Homelite SXL
Burnrite 228 OWB
2014 Kubota M6060
1942 Ford 2N

gfadvm

And you did it in the dark and in the snow!  Yep, you've got the sawmill bug!  Just wait til you see how much fun it is on a warm, sunny day.  Enjoy.

Peter Drouin

smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
That's the way, good luck
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

Good Job!  I bet you felt like a kid in a candy store when you went to bed last night. :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

fishfighter

Chuck White

Congratulations on your first cut!

Nothing like it!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

You will enjoy it more and more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

RF, build yourself a comfy mill house and you can cut all winter. Remember a mill worth owning is a mill worth protecting. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

That is the spirit!!  Instead of sugarplums, you now have lumber dancing in your head.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Exciting times!  I didn't know there were logs in Antarctica  :laugh:.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

justallan1

Way to go! Da bug as definitely bit.

rooster 58

4x4American

That's the spirit!

As I was sticker-stacking lumber last night by was of a lantern I wondered if anyone else was stacking lumber here in the eastern states right now
Boy, back in my day..

78NHTFY

That's called a serious sawdust bug infection-- it's permanent and there's no cure! :D :D.  But, you didn't show us what you built with the boards right after you cut them..... ;D.  What's up with that?  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

pine

Hopefully the next set of boards will be with a little more light and less snow.  Either way it makes you feel good doesn't it?

isawlogs

Now take that board and nail it up some wheres where you can look at it every day !!! 

Congrats!   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

coalsmok

samandothers

Thank You Sponsors!