iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3 wheeled bunch

Started by cutter88, March 07, 2015, 07:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

I'm very interested in these three wheeled bunchers I saw some by bell and some by hydro axe, they are practically unheard of up here in Ontario I only no of one... I think they would work great in the smaller hard wood clear cut iv been looking online for one there is none in Canada can any of you American lads put me on who to contact down there to find a used one
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

treeslayer2003

zambesi in the carolinas.......i think they still around, is/was a bell dealer and had remans. i have a bell with dangle head, its fast but not disc saw fast. depends what your cutting.
it will cut 24" stuff comfortable, bigger than that it will do but better know what your doing.

cutter88

We normaly cut hardwood between 12 and 20" and red pine as well I'm looking at the dangle head style do u happen to have contact info for that dealer
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

treeslayer2003

there dosen't seem to be a web site, they may very well be gone out of business.

from a 2011 issue of southern logging times, an ad for zambesi equipment, wilmington NC. call Henry, 1-800-542-3309

Jeff, this was a published add. if it is against the rules, i apologize and please feel free to remove it.

OntarioAl

cutter88
Where in Ontario are you? I have a friend who has logged with one near Thunder Bay.
Al
Al Raman

cutter88

Quote from: OntarioAl on March 07, 2015, 09:26:23 PM
cutter88
Where in Ontario are you? I have a friend who has logged with one near Thunder Bay.
Al
The guy I knew that has one is from that area Rob Crouse, I'm in muskoka
Romans 10 vs 9 

OntarioAl

I do not know Rob Crouse, my friend is a dairy farmer that logs on the side. If you were closer I would introduce you and you could pick his mind on the operational characteristics of the Bell (he cuts polar, spruce balsam fir).
Al
Al Raman

Skidder Kev

Wasn't there a guy around barrie that had one? I will see if I can dig up some more info for u.    I'm guessing u have tried gf prestons to see if they know of one around or for sale .        Kev 

cutter88

Ya there was a guy around moon stone north of Barrie had one I herd.... I've called all the dealers I could think of no luck
Romans 10 vs 9 

Ford_man

You can try foristryequipmentsales.com they have a lot of equipment and they list with pic and price. I have delt with them and am satisfied.

craigc

I sold my Bell last year.  I was still buy parts from Zambasi.  Henry can tell you anything and everything about that machine.  My two cents would be, only buy one with joystick controls.
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

Sheepkeeper

Cutter 88
I know that it is nowhere near you but I was sawing lumber near Sarnia back in the fall and there was one sitting at the jobsite that had been used to cut the ash trees out of the woodlot. I can see if I can get some info for you.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

cutter88

Romans 10 vs 9 

barbender

People here (northern MN) think I'm nuts, but I think the Bell with a dangle head looks slick. I've watched lots of videos of them putting good sized timber on the ground. I think they would be great in blowdown, too. I've never seen one in person up here.
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

The only 3 wheels buncher I have seen all had a hot saws on them. I have only seen the dangle heads in pictures. I have seen one work a lot next to mine. I went to one of the grandkids field days and the logger was using one there. Only one that I know of now. Back in the 80's they was hot,now they are mighty cold.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BargeMonkey

I saw one working on a job down in delaware county, they where lowering it over the bank attached to a cable skidder and cutting the big ash on the bank. The operator told me you want a good seatbelt even on the flat ground. They seem neat, but i dont know what the parts are available for them now.

Thank You Sponsors!