iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got really warm up here in Maine today!

Started by deastman, March 04, 2015, 06:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deastman

Had a close call today with the processor. Cutting right along when the engine quit all of a sudden,  would crank over but wouldn't start. Got ready to climb out and open the hood when I looked out the back window and saw smoke. Grabbed an extinguisher and ran around to the side, opened the door by the pumps and the engine compartment was full of flames. Got the fire out and looks like it started from the main cable to the starter chaffing in a metal bracket that bolts to the block.  Thinking the engine quit when the wires in the harness burnt and shorted out. It was a close call, if the engine hadn't quit I might not have caught it in time to put it out. Going back in the morning to see if I can get power to the injector pump solenoid and get it started and back out to the yard to assess how bad the wiring got cooked. Closest I've ever been to losing one to fire!
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lopet

And i thought you have frost coming out of the ground in Maine. ;D    Yup, lucky you caught it in time , or it would be a more expensive fix.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

coxy

lucky   why is it that things you want cooked don't cook  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!