iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Way to muddy at the mill......or is it?

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 04, 2015, 05:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sold a whack of Cedar yesterday. The guy ask would it fit in his S-10 pickup. I told him no and he probably wouldn't be able to get his S-10 in here because of the mud.

He said he would bring the 4x4 diesel......well he did. What a truck.....No slipping or sliding here.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Nomad

Yep.  I'd say that qualifies as a truck. :D
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Dave Shepard

How long does that thing have to run before the smoke makes it out the chimneys?  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Lambee10

Wow- you musta scared him!  He put the winch on the front and raised the exhaust so the mud would not stop it up! :D
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

red oaks lumber

they say a big truck masks something smaller :) just sayin. my wood stove dosent even have pipes that big :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

drobertson

Looks like things are good down yonder,, nice jag there, nice mud as well,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

My F350 is so heavy it sinks instantly in real mud and gets stuck. That's not real mud, its only some surface mosh. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

JB Griffin

I wish that's all the mud I had. It still has a bottom, not here. :-\
Got 2" of snow on it now and more falling.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

ozarkgem

did you get a video so we could hear what it sounds like?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Dave Shepard

No video required. I'm sure it sounds like a 9.0 liter IH school bus like all the rest of the v-8s do with a straight pipe.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

jmouton

nice stacks ,,   no mud here    its still well below freezing
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

JB Griffin

Mine don't Dave, though it has duel 2" straight pipes w/ 3"x12" echo tips.
Sounds like a big block gasser, several people have told me that they didn't know it was a diesel until I pulled up next to em. ;D And LOUD, too loud.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Probably ran out of money after all the chrome. :D

Bill Gaiche

Those dinky tire are for tippy toen in the mud. bg

Kipper

It's not a truck unless it has at least six tires.. It is purdy though, for a ford!!  :D
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

DR_Buck

Here's a link to photos form a thread on mud a few years ago.    It's still the worse I have had to deal with.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,41548.msg601792.html#msg601792
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This guy with the truck is from Poland. He says Cedar lumber is 5x the price over there as it is here.  :o

Dave Shepard

When are you going to start PEI? (Poston Exports Inc.) :D

kelLOGg

Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 04, 2015, 06:03:47 PM
How long does that thing have to run before the smoke makes it out the chimneys?  :D

I didn't see that coming.   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

JB Griffin

" Old Goat Cedar Exports" ;D

When you get it set up let me know, I'll supply you w/ the cedar. ;D

JB Griffin

Better yet

" Old Goat Exporting"  We specialize in "aromatic" red cedar

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D :D :D Y'all be so CRAZY.......but funny!

Thank You Sponsors!