iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with finding a Climbing school or class

Started by shawnr, March 04, 2015, 04:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnr

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  I'm looking for a good basic class on climbing and rigging for some tree work.  I'm not wanting to climb very high, maybe just high enough to get killed if I fall, but want to learn some climbing safety and how to rig lines for lifting and lowering limbs, timbers, etc...
Planning to build a treehouse this year for my wife to use as a new business office. 
All help is appreciated.
Thanks and think spring!
Shawn
Kioti CK30 TLB, lots of Stihl Chain saws, WM LT 15 Wide

Kind Regards,
Shawn

DonT

The art and science of practical rigging is a good starting place,Jeff Jepsons book on climbing is also a good starting point.Google Arbormaster training for courses local to you. A reminder equipment is not cheap.To acces a tree, the gear required will cost at least $800.00,so you might want to consider just hiring someone to do your work.Remember while learning "low and slow".

shawnr

Thanks! I'm also thinking that some proper scaffolding around the tree will be worth the effort as a staging for construction.
Kioti CK30 TLB, lots of Stihl Chain saws, WM LT 15 Wide

Kind Regards,
Shawn

DonT

Maybe look in to renting a man lift for the job you are thinking of doing.

PaulM85

You might check with your local community college, the one closest to me has a non credit course they give.

Quote from: shawnr on March 04, 2015, 04:01:59 AM
I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.  I'm looking for a good basic class on climbing and rigging for some tree work.  I'm not wanting to climb very high, maybe just high enough to get killed if I fall, but want to learn some climbing safety and how to rig lines for lifting and lowering limbs, timbers, etc...
Planning to build a treehouse this year for my wife to use as a new business office. 
All help is appreciated.
Thanks and think spring!
Shawn

skibum_12

I'm in hopewell. I could give you some tips. Message me and we can set something up.

Thank You Sponsors!