Sponsors:

Favorite Forestry Saying

Started by wbedient, March 03, 2015, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logger RK

Maybe trees don't want to be hugged? 8)

sawguy21

Quote from: wbedient on March 03, 2015, 10:17:33 PM
Not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread but...

I'm looking for good forestry sayings.  I'm making a T shirt for our shop and wanted some ideas.  Some of my favorites are:

-Cut it back.  Burn it black.  Grow it back.
-Log hard for healthy forests!
-Earth First!  We'll log other planets later   :D

What are you're favorites?
I was going to put your third one on my truck but figured management might get a little touchy about public relations. It was a logging community but too many failed to see what put food on their table and a roof over their heads.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Grizzly

"Hug a logger, you'll never go back to trees"

I saw that on the back of a super-b chip trailer hauling into Weyerhauser in Grande Prairie. Just a side not but as I was pulling up with the log truck the driver jumps out to check on tires and she turned out to be quite an attractive lady. I have no idea if she put the bumper sticker on or not. Fleet truck not an owner/operator.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

AfraidChocker

That reminds me of a stupid move I made last year...

You know how this time of year you get that snow/road grime all over the back of cars and people always write the same thing. "Clean me, I'm dirty."

Well for a joke I wrote on our Explorer: "Wife: Just as Dirty."

I don't think nothing of it we head off to our attorney to talk legal stuff. We park the car and they walk in with a shocked look on their face. It was not until I got back in the car that I remembered what I had written. Our attorney is also one of the Deacon's of our church!!

Whoops!
As a sheep farmer, I have no intentions of arriving at the pearly gates in a well preserved body, rather I am going to slide into heaven sideways with my Kubota tractor, kick the manure out of my muck boots, and loudly proclaim, "Whoo Hoo, another Sheppard has just arrived!"

Carson-saws

"watch yer top knot"             really like the t-shirt!!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

ppine

My Dad is from western Washington and he always woke us up with "Daylight in the Swamp.'
Sierra Club Kiss my Axe
The Only Good Tree is a Stump
Down the Road
Get the Wood Out
No Caulks
Everybody Wants to go to One Fire
Forester

svart ole

Trees are just tall grass.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it.
My wife said I collect junk, I told her I am a amateur industrial archaeologist just trying to save valuable artifacts.

Thank You Sponsors!