Started by wbedient, March 03, 2015, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klunker

speaking of hugging trees

so il logger

And on the 8th day....God created logger's....And the devil stood at attention

I got a shirt that say's that ordered  ;D

4x4American

Hey before you order it take the apostrophe out of the "logger's"  it's plural not possessive.   ;D

Cool line for sure
Boy, back in my day..

so il logger

Has no apostrophe on shirt, I didn't special order it they are available online. But good eye 4by4

Peter Drouin

On the back of the trailer it said Run forest Run.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

Ah ok, just wanted to be sure you weren't like that biker guy wearing a Hell's Angles shirt  :D

That's a good un Peter
Boy, back in my day..

coxy

Quote from: 4x4American on March 23, 2015, 09:06:28 PM
Ah ok, just wanted to be sure you weren't like that biker guy wearing a Hell's Angles shirt  :D

That's a good un Peter
x2

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 23, 2015, 08:04:29 PM
On the back of the trailer it said Run forest Run.

I have a Husqvarna shirt that says that on the back!

Ron Scott

Some "Forestry Sayings" on this logger's pickup, 3/15

~Ron

Warped

"I eat spotted owls"! That should go over real well on the Left coast..........

Save a tree, ***  *  ******.
Good with the rough stuff and rough with the good stuff

tmbrcruiser

Good friend of mine would say "Don't like tall timber, I like long timber".
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

DeerMeadowFarm

In the other thread, Ken said this:
Quote from: Ken on March 22, 2015, 06:35:20 AM
I want to do up some t-shirts with a picture of the harvester grabbing a tree and the caption that says "hugging the forest one tree at a time"

I thought it was funny so I poked around on a t-shirt site and made this up:

DeerMeadowFarm

Actually, I like this design better....

John Mc

I like that second design. Do you have plans to have some made?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: John Mc on April 09, 2015, 06:01:08 PM
I like that second design. Do you have plans to have some made?

Yes I think I will. I was going to just make a few up for friends and family but there's a lot of guys on FB that expressed interest as well so we'll see. They cost around $10 each and that's if I'm buying 30 of them so I'm not sure it would make any sense for me to try to sell them. I may just make up the few I had originally thought of.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

tmbrcruiser

Believing there isn't a better job than working with timber and once you do you are hooked for life my saying is "Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets".
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

sawyerf250

tmbrcruiser now that is a good one!  :D :D The phrase is so true!
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

gologit

Forestry sayings?  My two favorites are "Don't cut faster than you can think"  and "Park where the fallers park.  If they move their pickups you better move yours.".
Semi-retired...life is good.

4x4American

I was saying that one to myself today, gologit the don't saw faster than you can think... and that other one you say, 6 cubes go forth and fear no evil, that's one of my favorites
Boy, back in my day..

hacknchop

I tell people all the time "I am so a tree hugger I just want to lay them down first".
Often wrong never indoubt

AfraidChocker

My Grandfather always told me, "If you always cut the junk wood, you always have good wood."

Our woodlot has always been our "savings account" so what he meant was, cut the junk wood if you can; the crooked stuff, the rotted wood, fir, aspen, etc (weeds) and let the better wood grow. And I have always done that, 30 years later and I am still cutting "junk wood" and the foresters are always saying the wood lot has "surprising yield".

As a sheep farmer, I have no intentions of arriving at the pearly gates in a well preserved body, rather I am going to slide into heaven sideways with my Kubota tractor, kick the manure out of my muck boots, and loudly proclaim, "Whoo Hoo, another Sheppard has just arrived!"

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!