iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ham steak

Started by Den Socling, March 03, 2015, 06:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Patti fried for me a ham steak for dinner. She was reading a book and talking on the phone. The ham ended up charred. I told her I was going to run it through the planer to knock off the charcoal. I got the one finger solute. Was I wrong?  :D

coxy

:D :D :D  i get that most of the time after i call my hamburger a hockey puck   where do you want to go for dinner ill buy  :) :)

Den Socling

Even with this beer, my taste buds still feel violated!  :D

beenthere

QuoteWas I wrong?

Not wrong... just maybe not wise.    ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

tricky situation there, but I reckon, if a planer is needed then do it ;D   I know you are joking of course, but ,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Den Socling

Trust me. A planer was needed.  :D

sandsawmill14

when my wife does that i tell her its heavenly  because she cooked the ***L out of it  :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D This made my day.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

That is funny right there, no matter who you are..... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Den,

Another imprudent remark if I ever heard one. Dad used to get in trouble all the time talking about Mom's "Burnt Offerings". That didn't go over very well either. Men should all come with a 30 second speech delay during which time we could cancel or delete comments we have made but realize we should not have said before they can be heard.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandhills

Well, I have this problem, I like to cook but I'm not much good at it unless it's something I can spend the better share of a few hours doing, that being said I don't complain much when the Mrs. is cooking, just  :-X and eat.  She cooks way better than me anyway  ;) thank goodness!

coxy

the wife was just reading this and had a few thing to say but ill put it lightly and in nice terms    you men are all the same  :D :D   i said see im not only one that complains      the only thing i like crispy is chicken wings and they never get that way  ???

sawguy21

coxy, you have learned well. ;D

21incher

I have learned that burnt offerings are better then going hungry and the ham would wind up in the garbage after a comment like that to my wife, so just drink lots of beer to get it down. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

that was the nice thing about being drunk all the time I never could see good enough to see it burnt  :D :D now its a different story  ;D ;D

4x4American

You need to ask yourself, do I want to be right, or do I want to be happy?
Boy, back in my day..

coxy

it depends  my wife says im never happy  :(  so I may as well be right right  ;D

WH_Conley

I see I am not the only one that opens mouth and inserts foot.
Bill

Red Good

Beats cold shoulder and hot tongue every time .
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

whiskers

Quote from: Den Socling on March 03, 2015, 06:54:01 PM
Patti fried for me a ham steak for dinner. She was reading a book and talking on the phone. The ham ended up charred. I told her I was going to run it through the planer to knock off the charcoal. I got the one finger solute. Was I wrong?  :D

since you can't unring the bell maybe moving the smoke detector closer to the range might help.
many irons in the fire.........

beenthere

Quotemaybe moving the smoke detector closer to the range might help.

:D :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Den Socling

We had pork chops last night. Perfectly cooked but with ham followed by pork I was tempted to ask if I was going to get the squeal tonight!  :D Luckily, she announced before I opened my moth that steaks were on sale. Yummy steak tonight. George Foreman hasn't ruined one yet.

drobertson

We have one similar, a Hamilton beach version, pretty hard to over do in these,  just wait for the ding! and its done,, if the dial is set right ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

4x4American

Oh comeon those George Foreman grills ain't real grillin!!  :snowball:
Boy, back in my day..

Den Socling

I knew that was coming.  :D But, after preheat, your steak is done in 4 minutes!

Magicman

At least you do not have to dig through the snow to find it.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

What are you talking about, Magicman?

Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

PS- That 346 (husqvarna) is setting on top of a sticker-stacked pile of lumber.
Boy, back in my day..

Den Socling

That's some slow drying! What do you have there, 12/4 White Oak?  :D

4x4American

I don't even know what's in this pile!  I know it's pine...
Boy, back in my day..

drobertson

Some one need to have a tip up going! if I see that picture correctly,

WV Sawmiller

Haven't tried a GF LMGM yet but do have a "set it and for forget it" rotisserie and I love it (Actually bought 3 and gave one to each of the kids). Found pork loin for $1.99 last week at local Kroger last week. Rotisseried half, wife cooked most of the rest with a pot of green lima beans with cornbread and cole slaw. Left over roast pork has gone on fried rice and sandwiches. We've eaten for most of the weak on that one cut of meat.

I doubt the farmer got a decent price for his end but that was a bargain for the meat. No waste and all good meat whether roast, cut into steaks, stew for seasoning, etc.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Den Socling

Spare ribs tonight. That piggy is really taking a beating.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Den Socling on March 06, 2015, 06:26:04 PM
Spare ribs tonight. That piggy is really taking a beating.

:D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

was thinking ham steak comes from a pig  ham burger comes from a cow ???   and wonder how they came up with the name spare ribs must of had extras ribs on the prehistoric pigs  :-\ ;D

sawguy21

German immigrants were called mockingly called Hamburgers after the city of Hamburg and the term was eventually applied to their ship board rations of ground beef.

4x4American

Is that right Sawguy?  Real cool stuff.  Now tell me this, do you know why they drive on the left side of the road over there in Britain?
Boy, back in my day..

sawguy21

That is a carry over from medieval days, they needed to have an oncoming horseman on the weapon side in case of attack. Being left handed, I would have had a problem with this. :D
Driving on the right became the norm over here, early Americans wanted to divorce themselves of anything English. it was eventually mandated by law for safety reasons.

4x4American

Did you know that off the top of your head?  Mamaw,or "Lallah" as we call her, told me this awhile ago and she always tries to teach me why things are the way they are.
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!