iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TIMBERKING 1400 all manual saw mill

Started by towboat88, March 03, 2015, 12:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

towboat88

Dose any one know anything or have any opinions on Timberkings 1400 manual mill that was released this year? 

schmism

039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

dean herring

Can't get to link. Are you considering a1400?
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

towboat88

Thanks for the quick replys guys! I am looking at both the 1400 an the 1200 that timberking has to offer. I received a packet from timberking a few weeks back with a full price list an they now have a fully manual mill in the 1400 for a little less than 1100 bucks,but not a bit of information on the Web page about it.

tmarch

$1100.00 sounds like a REAL DEAL to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

woodman58

I think if you saw a 1400 for $1100 it is a misprint. I bought one at the beginning of February and it was a lot more than this price. They are a great mill.
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

dean herring

Woodman58 how do you like your tk 1400? Send some pics if you can.

woodman58

I will try again wednesday to post pics and till how it works.
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

towboat88

I'll post the add when I get home in the morning woodsman58. Keep in mind it's fully manual with no hydraulics.

schmism

Quote from: towboat88 on March 03, 2015, 02:17:26 PM
a few weeks back with a full price list an they now have a fully manual mill in the 1400 for a little less than 1100 bucks,but not a bit of information on the Web page about it.

Your missing a 0 on the right.

website currently lists 1400 at $14,295 with hydraulics
http://www.timberking.com/NS/accessdetail.cfm?PID=67

website currently lists a 1220 at $7,395 (all manual)
http://www.timberking.com/NS/accessdetail.cfm?PID=38

There is no way they are selling a bandmill for $1100
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

towboat88

Yes I will agree on the 0 being misplaced that was my typo an I apologize. But from my understanding they are now offering a 1400 in all manual as of January For under 11grand. An as stated I'll post the info when I make it home from work. The websitedose not appear to be up to date on the new  manual mill which is the 1400 M and not the 1400 H.

towboat88

dean herring

Towboat88, hard to dispute that. Are you going to get one?

Will_Johnson

The 1400M is a manual-feed, trailer-mounted mill. Meant to fill in our product line between the 1220 and 1400H.

Working on the web-site, meantime feel free to call us or email if you have questions or want us to send snail-mail brochures with specs on the 1400M.

ladylake

I'd sure put up the extra money for power feed and power up - down.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

towboat88

considering it Dean herring! Thanks for the reply will_Johnson timberking looks like a great product. An ladylake I just can't justify the extra money it's for hobby purposes, not trying to make quick time or money. Was just trying to step up in size a little bit thanks for the replys any help is good help

dean herring

I know this is an old thread but I have some input. Towboat asked if I was considering a TK 1400M. I was and was looking at a WM lt15 wide. But after hernia surgery I am looking for a mill that is a little easier on the back. I want to be able to cut at least a 30" can't so  can maybe make some counter tops.I also want an electric drive so I can close the doors when the weather is bad.I called Wm the lt15 wide is $200 cheaper than gas power,however the TK 1400 is $2000 more for electric, that just seems a bit much to me.I like the hyd. blade feed, hyd. head up and down and I guess the manual log turner is better than nothing,on video it looks like it does ok. I just can't handle that $2000 extra.
In my book from tk the 1400 has a max. cut of 32" but on web site it is only 29",so I'm not sure .
To get close to 30" with WM you have to go up to the lt40 and its only 28". I don't want spend that much.
I am so confused  any info deeply appreciated.

dean herring

Has anyone on FF got a tk1400 with electric drive or any info on one. Need some advice

Magicman

Quote from: dean herring on April 11, 2015, 10:41:22 PMI want to be able to cut at least a 30" can't.....To get close to 30" with WM you have to go up to the lt40 and its only 28".
Not a 30" but you can squeeze a 28" cant with an LT40 and that is only after moving the cant past the side supports on the left side.  You would need to build a jig to do it on a regular basis. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dean herring

Thank you Magicman, in the TK book it says a 1400 has a max cut with of 32" in your opinion would it be possible? I know I may not cut many that big but I want that capability

Magicman

I have no TK knowledge.  I also do not know what the actual width capability of an LT15 Wide.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Will_Johnson

The maximum width of cut on the 1400 mills is 32", meaning they will cut a board up to 32" wide.

There's 16" above the blade so the 1400 can cut straight through the center of a (perfect, theoretical) 32" log.

Maximum log capacity of the 1400 is 36".

Blade raises 30" above the log deck, max cut length is 20'.

Magicman

Thanks Will.  Those are some very good numbers.   smiley_thumbsup

dean herring

Thank you Will, that clears up some of my confusion. I am considering a1400, but I want the 15 hp electric.

Will_Johnson

Well we appreciate you thinking of us and look forward to helping you if that's what you decide on. Don't hesitate to give us a call if you want more information or have additiona questions!

Thank You Sponsors!