iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

gold

Started by coxy, March 03, 2015, 05:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

the starter went on my gehl skid loader its got a 50hp kubota  diesel   the parts store wants 600 bucks  for a starter :o :o :o :o ???  THERE OUT OF THERE MIND  I DID TAKE IT APART TO SEE IF IT DID HAVE GOLD IN IT  but could not find any   where do they come up with these prices

WH_Conley

Water pump went out of my John Deere 710 backhoe. John Deere wanted $1500.00 for a new one and $750 for rebuilt. $350.00 for the kit to rebuild it myself. I also looked for the gold or Platinum.
Bill

47sawdust

Coxy,
I just had my starter rebuilt for $116.00.It was on a Kubota L3750.Do you have a rebuild shop near you?
That does seem awfully high.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

thecfarm

A power line somehow fell on a JD tractor on a dealers lot. Caught it on fire.I knew a guy that was just thinking about buying it,but he priced a new starter and seem like $600 and this for more than 10 years ago too. I needed a water pump for my Ford tractor. I forgot now,but I think I paid $250. Looked just about the same one that was on my Ford truck with the straight 6 in it,for half that much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

was going to call the guy I got my skidder starter from but he doesn't open till 9am  want to try and get this done before the storms hit     ya right :D :D

jocco

Coxy no answer on cost but try other suppliers and check on a rebuild. You must have a shop somewhere near you. Also look online where I don't know.
You may check out but you will never leave

Ford_man

Check Ebay I got an alternator for my APU for $36 it was a new takeoff dealer wanted over $200

Dave Shepard

The dealer wanted almost $700 for the alternator on a Duetz in our 5640 Gehl.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sandhills

coxy, starters aren't that hard to rebuild when "rebuildable", if you can get the brushes (and sometimes a new drive) for it and know someone with a good lathe your already a long way ahead.

dsgsr

Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

coxy

get this    called the guy that I got my cat starter from he had a brand new not a reman 185 bucks  so picked it up  stopped back to parts store (just to rub it in ) some other guy was there I asked him the price of the starter he gives me a price of 345 for a reman  :o :o still cheaper than the first guy at 600  here is the kicker a  brand new one 205  the 2nd guy tells me that the first guy would have never told me about the cheaper one   talk about getting ripped OFF  ;D

Escavader

One of my bosses wants the forklifts shut off and not idle to save fuel.His dad gives us hell if we shut em off cause of the price of starters :)
Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

sawguy21

I feel your pain. Both of our vehicles need work, I might have to take out a mortgage, man they are proud of their parts. YOU WANT HOW MUCH FOR WHAT????
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dave Shepard

It pays to look around. I needed a starter for my Dodge/Cummins. Dealer reman was almost $600 plus my core. I ended up calling Cummins Albany and they drop shipped one from Boston for I think it was $265. Brand new, had it 10:00 AM the next morning. Every time a part gets handled, there is a mark up. Try to find the first guy to put his hands on it. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

jocco

Quote from: coxy on March 03, 2015, 05:49:01 PM
get this    called the guy that I got my cat starter from he had a brand new not a reman 185 bucks  so picked it up  stopped back to parts store (just to rub it in ) some other guy was there I asked him the price of the starter he gives me a price of 345 for a reman  :o :o still cheaper than the first guy at 600  here is the kicker a  brand new one 205  the 2nd guy tells me that the first guy would have never told me about the cheaper one   talk about getting ripped OFF  ;D

COXY that guy/place would have seen the back of my head for the last time!!!!! :o
You may check out but you will never leave

coxy

I gave him a few choice words when I left  :) :)

timberfaller390

I had to put a thermostat in a Montana tractor for a lady. The dealer wanted $150.00 for the thermostat. After a little checking I figured out that the thermostat was the same as a 350 Chevy. Local parts store had them for about $7.00
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

luvmexfood

When you have to buy a dealer only part be prepared to pay big time. Have a buddy that is a parts manager for a GM dealer. If I need a part for my Pontiac he sells to me the same price that they would sell to another dealer. Big difference.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

coxy

I have seen dealer parts    less than parts stores also   the rich get richer and the poor get poorer  :D :D

snowstorm

i was at a carquest store and asked for fuel filters for my 6.7 ford.  $73 with no brand name on the box. $113 for carquest brand. i went to the ford dealer $55

shinnlinger

My local starter rebuild guy does a great job.    My experience with the cheaper parts store rebuilds has not been good.  I put two in my F-150 within 6 months.   Yeah they had a warranty but it took 5 hours to swap them out the way they stuck it in there.     
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

snowstorm

the napa fuel filter for the 7.3 ford is now almost $50. wasnt long ago it was half that. now it comes with the plastic cap. smart move on there part. that way some one will toss the old cap along with the filter. then there are stuck buying from napa. because the ford filter dosent come with the cap

teakwood

try this one:  I needed a new bottom roller for my Volvo 290 excavator, for the tracks. 700$ from the volvo dealer in Costa Rica. Bought it from Flaglers (Volvo dealer in Miami) 280$, i shipped it down and payed the taxes 120$. So i ended up paying 400$ instead of 700$!
In Costa rica almost every brand has just one dealer, so its a monopole, so if you want original you have to buy from them. and its the same by: Cat, Toyota, ford, nissan, komatsu, yamaha,  beercompany, coca cola, watercompany, electric company, .........
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Polish Hammer

i use this site for starters and alternators then i can call around and find the parts myself. most machne have couple options so it helps.
:)
http://www.wilsonautoelectric.com
Cat 322c fmhw with waratah 622, Komatsu PC200-7 FM with waratah 622b, Timberjack 450b grapple, timberjack 660c grapple, Tigercat 630c grapple, John Deere 853j Buncher, echo saws

Thank You Sponsors!