iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

UNIFOREST SKIDDING WINCH

Started by panlanrs, March 03, 2015, 02:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panlanrs

Purchased a Uniforest 40E and one word will sum it up, AWESOME ! Excellent piece of equipment. Ready to go right off the pallet. Cut the pto shaft to fit and off to the woods woods I went. You can harvest timber with this thing and do less damage than logging with draft animals.  Pricey but will pay for itself in a short period of time.

thecfarm

Yes,they are all pricey now,but it saves so much time and effort. One should last a person a lifetime. I made up some 4 foot chains for the small stuff. Just saves the bother of pulling 3-4 feet of chain through a chocker.
What kind of tractor you got in front of it,hp too?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mf40diesel

I have an old Farmi 306, that I am wanting to replace.  Been pretty set on the Tajfun's  but I gotta say, also really liking the looks of the Uniforest.  Looks like a really well made product. 

I believe it will come down to dealers for me, and surprisingly I have two Tajfun dealers within an hour. 

Both made in Slovenia I believe, almost seems like they are in bed together.
John Deere 5055e, mfwd. Farmi JL306 Winch. Timberjack 225 Skidder. Splitfire splitter & Stihl saws.

Ford_man

I have a Uniforest and the only thing I don't like about it is the PTO is off to the side and when you lift it up it put it in a bind. Set your lower links as low as possible so it will not lift too high. I have twisted my PTO shaft off when I forgot to disengage it before raising it. 

Straightgrain

Quote from: Ford_man on March 04, 2015, 10:20:07 AM
I have a Uniforest and the only thing I don't like about it is the PTO is off to the side and when you lift it up it put it in a bind. Set your lower links as low as possible so it will not lift too high. I have twisted my PTO shaft off when I forgot to disengage it before raising it.

Thanks for sharing; I was wondering what the benefit would be for hooking into the lower holes on my winch; will make the adjustment(s).

These winches are definitely the "cat's meow"; congrats panlanrs.
"We fight for and against not men and things as they are, but for and against the caricatures we make of them". Joseph Schumpeter

sawyerf250

That offset pto was one of the things I noticed on the uniforest models when l was researching to buy a winch and quickly scratched it off my list after looking it over and talking with some people that had them. I myself settled on the Wallenstien brand, I can lift my winch up as high as it will go and still be running my pto, this saves a lot of starting and stopping it when l have to move just a few short feet down the trail.
Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!