iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winch wont hold up hitch

Started by kinet, March 01, 2015, 08:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinet

if you have adjusted your winch and it still wont hold the hitch try pouring some vinager on your brake spool. not too much, about 3-4 ounces as it turns. this will get rid of the glaze and grease on the band that might be causing it to slip.  Curious to hear if anyone else has tried it.

timberjackrob

have not heard the vinegar one we used to have a 440jd that would blow an oring and soak the band we tried everthing on brakeparts cleaner,starting fluid,babypowder,even tried using a torch to burn it out but nothing would ever work for us except a new band.what kind of winch do you have?
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

Ed_K

I ran a drag line yrs ago and when the bands started slipping I'd sprinkle powdered comet dish cleaner. Bet no ones heard of that  ;D .
Ed K

loggah

In the old cat engine manuals, pre 1960 ,they tell you to use comet, Bon ami ,to break the glaze on cylinder liners,just let some suck into the intake manifold while the engine is running. ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

thenorthman

Do ya suppose that's how some jerk came up with detergent oil? Over did her a little and poof clean engine? Minus the greasy suds...

I'll have to give that vinegar trick a try... mine slips but its hit and miss... more like its not engaging properly... (recently rebuilt some of the hydro lines and added a gallon of fluid... so maybe that might help...)
well that didn't work

Oliver05262

BuCyrus-Erie taught me that. Bon Ami to clean up rust; vinegar for oil.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Thank You Sponsors!