iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First grilling.

Started by 21incher, March 01, 2015, 07:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Yesterday it hit 20 deg here and was sunny so I figured it was time to breakout the grill for the first time in months. Grilled a batch of smoked hot wings and my wife made a batch of corn fritters from the corn we canned last summer. The taste of summer after a long winter. A little celery and blue cheese dressing for the wings, and sweet baby rays to dip the fritters in.

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

drobertson

Oh yea!  now you're talking!  been eye balling the grill here as well ;D  I'm thinking so red meat, pretty certain now it will begin soon enough, 20° and sunny, sounds like a perfect time to me,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Weekend_Sawyer

The wings look great and the corn fritters even better!

Please tell us how you make your corn fritters.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

drobertson

I forgot to take a picture, but we did grill some red meat last night,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on March 03, 2015, 06:53:50 AM
The wings look great and the corn fritters even better!

Please tell us how you make your corn fritters.

Jon
We got the recipe from the bisquick website http://www.bettycrocker.com/how-to/ask-betty/answer/corn-fritters-without-spices/49199cb9-33ee-48f1-bd4b-16d7732ce8e1 . The only thing we added was some sautéed onions and they were great. For the wings I cook them indirectly on my Webber with a couple of chunks of mesquite until the skin is crispy ( about 1 hour ) and then add a couple of coats of sweet baby rays wing sauce while turning them every 5 minutes. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

I like "airplane chicken".  Wings and landing gear.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Quote from: Magicman on March 03, 2015, 11:16:21 AM
I like "airplane chicken".  Wings and landing gear.   food6
I like the  wings crispy and the landing gear brined and smoked so I always keep them separate. :)

WmFritz

I see your wasting no time breaking in the new butcher block.
Those plates look delicious digin_2
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sawguy21

That looks mighty good. I hope to get ol'smokey fired up this weekend.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

I made three racks of St. Louis cut ribs this weekend.  They were fine. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

21incher

Quote from: WDH on March 03, 2015, 08:32:23 PM
I made three racks of St. Louis cut ribs this weekend.  They were fine. 
Looks like the temps will start rising next week and ribs will be next. I see pork butts are on sale for 99 cents a pound at Price-Rite and will be heading there to fill the freezer. Pork prices are finally falling. Last year I was paying $2.69 a pound for butts. :)

sawguy21

We finished some ribs with Buckeye on the grill. They were sinful.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!