iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anyone else collect firewood like this

Started by yukon cornelius, February 28, 2015, 11:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

When I need to get a lot of wood quick I load up limbs like this to be cut up with the chop saw in the shop. firewood was on the agenda today and it started snowing early so I needed to get some up the hill. our place is covered with down trees and limbs everywhere so I just start loading. I parked in one spot and the farthest I had to drag for all this is about 50 feet. it goes a long ways in cleaning up the place also.

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

beenthere

Nope, I don't collect it that way...  ;D

Have in the distant past however.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

yukon cornelius

I don't either usually but it just took 30 min to drive into our valley and bring this back up. in that amount of time it went from flurries to fully covered ground. I wasn't sure when I could drive the truck back down. i need just a bit more to finish this heating season.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

so il logger

Do what you need to do that is more less what life is, at least you want to be warm 8) 8)

thecfarm

I had my land logged a few years ago. Limbs every wheres. I cut them into about 4 foot lenght,for the OWB,load them into the loader and head for the house.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

I've done similar a time or two when pushed for time,  least you got it in,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Go ahead and buck and stack it, 'cause if you don't, it will be quite a mess this Summer.   :-\

How do I know?  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

I like to leave the mess in the woods and cut it to length in the woods. You never know what kind of bugs you will drag into your shop with those branches that may get into your good wood and projects.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A good idea.....you're cleaning up your place and getting warm twice.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

terrifictimbersllc

I back up the hill with a load like that!  :)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

bigred1951

i dont think that poor old ford can handle it much longer might as well go ahead and let me have it  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!