iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

first project with the planer

Started by yukon cornelius, February 28, 2015, 11:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

I just finished up this with the planer. that thing is amazing! I don't know what I did before. 

I do have a question though....this thing is so heavy how do you guys pick it up to run it across the top of the board  ;D just kidding! 

Not only do I owe to Andy White for this planer but also for the dog table idea. I saw his a long time ago and thought they would make a nice addition to our log items we make. 
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

sandhills

Great to see it's working out for you!

hackberry jake

Nice planer as well! That four post design is how most professional planers are still made today. Now you get the joys of sharpening and setting planer blades. Last I checked, Grizzly was having a sale on dial indicators. $20 and it comes with the magnetic base/adjustable arm. It's important to get all the blades as close to the same height as possible.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

21incher

Nice table. That planer looks like a real good old one from when tools were made in the USA. A dust hood and hookup to a collector is a good investment for a planer. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!