iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill shutdown

Started by bandmiller2, February 28, 2015, 07:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

DanG, another local sawmill drifts off into history. They were a small circular operation but good folks and would buy loads of logs from tree guys. I would send people to them for long stuff I couldn't handle. I better hide I'am as busy as I want to be. From what I hear the rest of the family wants to sell the land to a developer. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

drobertson

Any ideas on why they shut down?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

Yea I reckon so, it somehow always boils down to the green backs,  but there are times when health issues  come about,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

bandmiller2

It was dads mill, run by one of the sons, the rest of the family wants their money,  it will end up with yuppie mansions on it. Frank C.

drobertson

gottcha,  one never knows,

timberfaller390

Any chance of saving the equipment before the scrappers get their paws on it?
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

bandmiller2

Don't know, I would guess they will try to sell the complete mill. I'll check them out as they bought a headsaw from the mill I bought when it fell into disuse. Frank C.

Darrel

Over the years, I've worked at 6 or 7 mills and every one of them is shut down.  After 20 years of chasing jobs up and down the west coast I got tired of it and became a nurse.  Still don't know if that was a good idea.  I'd much rather do the sawyer thing!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

bandmiller2

Darrel, that's quite a change in professions, theirs a demand for male nurses trouble is you get stuck doing all the lifting. Frank C.

mikeb1079

frank i just google earthed franklin mass....your close enough to so many major metropolitan areas i'm surprised that there's any sawmills at all!!  must be a few old family owned land/farm/forests patches left?
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

bandmiller2

Your right Mike, but there are more mill around than you think and still some old farms and wood lots. A few years ago there were four or more circular mill I could have walked to from my place. As far as I know I have the only circular mill in town now and one of a small handful of band mills. Used to be a lot of agriculture (hardscrabble family farms) then folks went to work in shoes and textiles and the old fields have grown back to forest. A fella I know has a Jackson timber harvester that came from NY city. Frank C.

rwepinetree

who was the mill and what did they saw

Thank You Sponsors!