iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question on Mantles

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 27, 2015, 09:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Well they brought it back today. The thickness stayed 4 inches. I resawed the width from 14 to 10 inches.
Thats what they wanted.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

pineywoods

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 28, 2015, 09:55:50 PM
Well they brought it back today. The thickness stayed 4 inches. I resawed the width from 14 to 10 inches.

Who got the 4X4 ?
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bill Gaiche

So now you have a 4x4 mantel to sell, $150.00. bg

hunz

At least they won't have to go far to find some quality firewood!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: pineywoods on February 28, 2015, 10:14:16 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 28, 2015, 09:55:50 PM

Who got the 4X4 ?

Good catch Pinewoods.......no, I told them to take it for a mailbox post.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

sealark37

Another female who is dead set on a story-book idea for her ultimate dream house.  It is a shame that the reality of materials and construction have to intrude upon their best ideas.  You may as well grit your teeth and take it to whatever finish she demands, then take the blame.    Regards, Clark

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It aint over yet.....they just called. Will be here at 2pm to get it re-sawn AGAIN!
The first re-saw was on me....today?.....$50.00.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 01, 2015, 01:31:04 PM
It aint over yet.....they just called. Will be here at 2pm to get it re-sawn AGAIN!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D You got a good one[customer] :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

They just left......now they have a 4 x 8 mantel and a 2x4.  :D
50 and a 10 tip.  :)

WmFritz

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 01, 2015, 02:32:42 PM
They just left......now they have a 4 x 8 mantel and a 2x4.  :D
50 and a 10 tip.  :)

Or they may have a 4x8 and a 2x4 mantle.   ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

valley ranch

This has been a fun thread! Is there more to come?

Magicman

If there is more to come with that mantel, it will be nothing but 2X4's.   ;D

I sawed a Poplar mantel for a customer 12"X16".  I have no idea how it worked out because I got paid and moved on to the next job.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Hilltop366

All I can say is "lucky you" POSTONLT40HD. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

They just sent me a pic! Hallelujah.  8)

Hilltop366

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on March 01, 2015, 01:31:04 PM

I got to thinking hmmm.. why didn't they just cut it from both sides with a circular saw?

Oh well 60 bucks for you! You must have re-sawed it with a smile on your face to get that $10 tip.

terrifictimbersllc

Did good!  Suggest they need a couple more for backups just in case.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

barbender

It looks good, at any rate ;)
Too many irons in the fire

5quarter

Looks good David. I know that when my clients are happy, I'm happy.  ;) Last week I cut a 7' 5x10 erc  "D" log for a friend of mines client That's going in a room and fireplace almost identical to your customers place. The client and his wife now want a large rustic coffee table to set in front, along with two smaller table and some other accent pieces. great thing about these little jobs is that they often lead to bigger ones.  ;) Keep up the good work!
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

78NHTFY

...for the builder, this is the perfect job: CHANGE ORDERS!!!  Dollars to donuts that mantel was/is just one of 50 change orders from the customer.  He bid a fair profit into the original house build but with all the change orders he'll be doing very well for himself ;) on this job.  Just keep smiling, tearing down and rebuilding.  Keeps the customer happy and the builder flu$h.  Meanwhile, Postonlt40hd hauls in another $ 60 big ones!!!  What do you reckon that mantel ended up costing the customer?  All the best, Rob
If you have time, you win....

Thank You Sponsors!