iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leonard Nimoy Passes - R.I.P.

Started by pine, February 27, 2015, 12:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pine

Leonard Nimoy an iconic actor has passed away from end stage COPD. 
A truly fine man who held many roles in his career the most well known being Mr Spock

Jeff

The loss of all these people we grew up watching makes one start to feel truly old.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

First I heard, kind of sad, always enjoyed Star Trek,  a very logical show to watch,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

jmouton

too sad about leonard  nimoy  , loved him in all the star trek  tv shows and movies ,,,   and i agree with you jeff  we are getting old  some older than others hahahaha,   

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

LeeB

Yes sadly, he's dead Jim. Off to a strange new world. He helped to fuel the imagination of a generation. Star Trek has affected all of us in many ways.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

dean herring

Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

SwampDonkey

Been following this for a few days. Time gets us all in the end. Sadly.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

clww

Too bad that he passed away as I really enjoyed his acting on, "Star Trek". I really enjoyed a show he hosted on TV back in the 70s entitled, "In Search Of". Every time I hear something about the scientists that study volcanoes (vulcanologist), I think of him. :)
I will miss him.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

I have TOS on DVD and movies with the old cast, also the full ISO boxed set. Big fan of Star Trek, even though the original airing was about over when I came along. But the show ran on over the air TV for decades. Of course, goes without saying. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

I've never seen even one second of Star Trek.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

He'll be missed. I watched probably all the original Star Trek episodes. I still watch them occasionally.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mesquite buckeye

That is sad. I was enjoying him as Spock #1 in the new movie series. :'(
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

drobertson

yep, it really was a classic, and always will be,  very good writing , and acting, on all accounts.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

r.man

If you know the Star Trek story, series, cancellation, syndication and conventions and you like comedies you should watch the Galaxy Quest movie. Great cast and very funny. Alan Rickman plays an actor playing an alien on a tv show and does a superb job.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Hilltop366

I heard of his passing on CBC radio today, after they played one of his music recordings The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGF5ROpjRAU

petefrom bearswamp

I knew of him as Spock, but with dave sheppard never watched the series.
RIP
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

SwampDonkey

I think Nimoy and Shatner produced a record.

Spaced Out

:D 8)

pineywoods

Spock was very popular with the IT and computer crowd.  "That does not compute" and "That is not logical" were two of his quotes that I heard a lot, even used them myself on a few occasions.  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

samandothers

Needs a Genesis Device!  Maybe that only works once. 

It is sad to see these folks I enjoyed pass.

WV Sawmiller

When I was in college at Auburn 40 years or so ago Leonard Nimoy paid us a visit. For some reason he was in the old metal field house instead of one of the more modern buildings. He gave his speil than asked for questions from the audience. There is one in every crowd but our duty egghead asked "Mr. Nimoy, what is the difference between you as a man and the character you play on Star Trek?" Mr. Nimoy never said a word but just reached up and pulled on his earlobes. He broke up the crowd. He was a great American and I mourn his passing.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

I was never a Trekkie but certainly knew of Dr Spock. He was a remarkable man.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

Two of my favorite episodes.

Edith "I could use some cleaning around here"

Spock "At what rate of payment? I need radio tubes and so on for my hobby"

Kirk "I approve of your hobby, Mr Spock."

Thank You Sponsors!