iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SYP vs. white pine

Started by timberfaller390, February 27, 2015, 08:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberfaller390

I've been sawing a bunch of SYP siding for a guy from his logs. The problem is he needs a few boards that are longer than the logs he has. I have some White Pine logs that are long enough. He wants to stain the siding after he gets it up. Will the white pine look about the same as the SYP once it is stained?
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

kevin19343

I would notice the difference instantly, but maybe that's because I'm in the biz.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

different for sure, but it depends on the motif. It may not really matter, if used for siding, but the contrast would be noticeable.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

timberfaller390

Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. I never have sawed or used much pine. It rots too fast around here.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

bandmiller2

Their two different critters. Up here in the northeast we have white pine up the gazoo but the early sawmill manufacturers would have SYP shipped in to build their mills with. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!