iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Swapping out Gearmatic for Hercules

Started by Upnorth, February 27, 2015, 08:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upnorth

Similar to other members here, the Gearmatic on my Timberjack 240E has been problematic. It's in good shape, but seems as though there is always something wrong with it. The Hercules I had on my 205 was strong and trouble free. I really like the 240E, but the Gearmatic has to go. I pulled it off yesterday, and am attempting a Hercules install today. It should line up with the PTO ok, but the plumbing concerns me. Am going to try using the GM master control before adding a spool, not sure if it will work. Will update.......

TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

ForestFox

Just make sure the Hydraulic pressure to the winch is no more than 550 PSI, The winch valve body section (Cessna) has 2 relief valves in mine to insure that. Also the winch lines supplying the brake and clutch need restricted poppets and fittings installed otherwise it will be very hard to time the winching and braking action of the new Hercules winch! Very small dia hose to clutch and a bit bigger one to brake cyl also affects flow rate and thus winch brake timing!
TJ225,MF481 wLoader, JD792, MF1080, Husky 2100's,285XP,576XP,261,

lopet

Not much help here, but good luck with your swap.  I hear you about the winch trouble, I have  a can car 20 which I am not gonna deal with  either.
Btw nice shop crane . ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Thank You Sponsors!