iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Extreme cold takes out my shop wall!

Started by Just Me, February 27, 2015, 07:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Me

I was down in the basement this morning loading the stove when my wife came in the house and I could hear her crying. She came down in the basement saying I'm sorry over and over.

I got her calmed down and it came out that she had ran into my shop wall with the car. The clutch pedal had stuck to the frozen floor mat and she bent down to pick it up when it popped up. Unfortunately it was in gear, took out the corner of the building between the garage door and the entry door.

I told her it was OK and got her to laugh at herself, sent her on her way to work.

But here is the funny thing. She is an office manager at a body shop and when she came home yesterday she was talking about a lady that came in after running into her garage, and was saying "How can you run into your garage?"

Karma is a cruel mistress.....  And quick!

Larry

LeeB

Insurance claim or an eat it? Last one I decided to eat cost me way more than any insurance hike would have.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Hilltop366

Quote from: Just Me on February 27, 2015, 07:49:59 AM
"How can you run into your garage?"

Larry

Let me count the ways.

My wife side swiped my jeep with my truck,(no damage) I told her next time she could use her own car to run into my vehicles. But a few months later I backed in to her car and broke her taillight, karma?

Just Me

Its not all that bad. Its a 2'x2' corner between doors and the damage is limited to that section. I am a contractor and when she hit the wall she literally knocked the tools I need to fix it over. I am on my way to my buddys place to grab a couple of cants to use to jack it back into place good enough to make it till weather warms. She only moved it about a foot. I can get by without using that garage door till spring as there are two more. There are over 2000 pound tools in just the right spots to jack against.

Its -15 here this morning but is supposed to warm up to 15 today so I'll get what I need and wait a bit.

She expected me to be mad, but when one has done as many stupid things in life as I have how can I be mad?

Later, Larry

drobertson

Hate to hear that news, I guess it's always something,  drive ways are a good source of all kinds of mis cabobbles, :D  a while back my son backed into my truck, I asked how could you not see it?  you guessed it, not long after, I did the same to his, no damage in either case, but things happen,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I backed through my garage door ONCE.

I caught the  smiley_devil_trident for doing it. Then 3 weeks later, she did it.
How attitudes change.  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tom L

good thing you got a laugh out of it.

I had a guy one time start up  my  forklift in the shop

and then proceed to back it up thru the garage door.

he never looked to see if it was open

submarinesailor

Backing thru a garage door is one thing.  But watching a forklift driver knockoff a 10" valve on the bottom of a vat of beer is other.  1330 barrels of beer down the rain. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Bruce

LeeB

That there is call for a hanging.
smiley_hanged
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sawguy21

:D :D You can forgive for a lot of things but spilling the beer isn't one of them. The first year we had our fifth wheel Karen was turning it around in a tight spot and was extremely nervous. I told her to stop STOP!!! but she froze and BANG, there went the cab window. We have a sliding hitch but can't operate it with the trailer hooked up. Stuff happens, we spent a few extra days in Reno getting it fixed. The following summer I did the same DanG thing. :-[
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

yukon cornelius

That reminds me of my sister learning to drive. dad asked her to pull the old cadilac up a few feet and she crashes into the shop between the 2 doors pushing the post back a few feet. neither of those doors ever closed the same.  :D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

bedway

I was in my garage one morning showing my step daughter how to change her oil. I had her pulling the car up on the ramps. Stupid me I was in front telling her just a touch more when the tires go over the ramp and the car comes to rest with me against the work bench and the bumper 2 inches from my legs. I went in the house for a skives change. :D

easymoney

no good deed goes unpunished. a neighbor of mine pulled into his yard on a rainy day. his car was on level ground but would not move. he asked me to help him get onto solid ground. i backed my car up near his and laid down on the muddy ground and hooked a chain to his car. pulled him back about 10 feet. i stopped but he kept coming . nearly hit the open drivers door on my car. i hollered as loud as I could STOP. came straight into the house and deposited my muddy coat and jeans in the washer. that good dead almost cost me.

bobby s

My daughter will be taking her drivers license test soon so I've been teaching her how to plow our driveway. She's been doing a good job, but this one day I was being pretty critical of her. I guess I just wasn't in the teaching mood. I told her to let me take over and watch how I do it. 30 seconds later, I hit a patch of ice and put the plow through the rear quarter of the family car!
She looked at me with a grin and we both started laughing. I've been more patient with her since then.

r.man

It's always one dang thing after another. Sub, how long did it take the vat to empty?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

coxy

submarinesailor

Quote from: r.man on February 27, 2015, 10:51:29 PM
It's always one dang thing after another. Sub, how long did it take the vat to empty?

Don't know because it became a HAZMAT site and I couldn't stand and watch.  BTW-it was Miller Light so some people have said that it was OK to dump it because it wasn't "REAL" beer. ::) :D ;D :o ::) :D ;D :o

LeeB

Well now, that does put it under a different light.  :D

sawguy21

roger 4400

I think I did worst. A few years ago, while backing my 18 ft trailer in the garage for winter with my F250, I heard a strange noise, I stopped and went to see what I hit with the trailer.......nothing, got on all four on the floor looking under the trailer, nothing wrong. Walked back to my truck all way true the garage, backed up with confidence and heard a REAL BIG NOISE.....stopped and realize that the garage door ( half of it ) was on the trailer....crushed. The door got down a little bit just before I backed up and the truck fibreglass cab hurt it the first time, and I was so sure that the trailer hat hit something that I NEVER LOOKED UP , always down. So the SECOND TIME I hit it I completely broke 2 of the 4 panels of the door that bent in 2 and went out of the hinges on the trailer....I was stupid not one but twice....So your wife is not so bad   :D
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

IndianaJoe

Several years ago my uncle parked his old beatup s10 behind my truck. When I got into my truck to leave I forgot about his and "bang". My truck got a broken tail light, and his got a dent and rust knocked off of the bed just behind the tire on the drivers side. I was going to work and forgot to tell him about it. About four months later he finally noticed the dent, I told him that I was sorry that I forgot about it and that I would fix it. He said it took him that long to notice, and it wasn't affecting any thing. It just added character.

submarinesailor

Quote from: roger 4400 on February 28, 2015, 01:18:56 PM
stopped and realize that the garage door ( half of it ) was on the trailer....crushed. The door got down a little bit just before I backed up and the truck fibreglass cab hurt it the first time, and I was so sure that the trailer hat hit something that I NEVER LOOKED UP , always down. So the SECOND TIME I hit it I completely broke 2 of the 4 panels of the door that bent in 2 and went out of the hinges on the trailer.
Roger - many years ago when I was a young man.  I worked for the local garage door company installing and repairing garage doors on the week end.  All I can say is that one rescue squad over in Loudoun County sure pad a lot of bills.  They loved to THROW the door open, jump in and haul.  Well the door would hit the back stops and part of the way back down.  Can you say new lights and bottom door panel each time they did that.

sawguy21

A co-worker was moving a zero turn mower into the shop and neglected to ensure the door was completely open. The roll bar caught the door, we came in the shop to see the machine in full wheely with him on the seat white as a sheet.

Thank You Sponsors!